As the International SOX Manager, you will manage the day-to day-aspects of the international SOX program from scoping to execution and final reporting for both the Paramount and Media Networks. This role will report to the VP Compliance.
- Prepare annual scoping analysis including determination of in-scope accounts, processes, risks, controls and tests for international businesses.
- Prepare/monitor annual test plan
- Work with PwC to increase their reliance on our testing.
Quarterly Testing & Reporting
- Learn SOX reporting system
- Prepare and distribute quarterly testing schedules and schedule tests
- Prepare quarterly testing results deck for discussion w/ VP Compliance (current quarter fails, root cause and action plan, update on prior fails, etc.)
Process Documentation and Walkthroughs
- Prepare high level flow charts for process narratives.
- Expand process documentation to include end to end transaction flow, not only those involving key controls.
- Ensure VP Compliance, Controller and PwC feedback is fully incorporated in final document.
Change Management/New COSO Methodology
- Support roll out of new COSO framework.
- Work with Media Networks Budapest compliance contacts to support/ resolve post SAP go-live SOX issues
- Participate in/support reviews of new process and systems initiatives from a controls perspective - assist in risk analysis and recommendation of controls
Essential Job Specific Skills:
- US GAAP knowledge
- Working knowledge of IT systems - ERP systems and financial reporting systems (SAP a plus)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Fluent in English
- Self motivated individual; action oriented; results driven
- Minimum 5-6 years of SOX compliance experience or equivalent
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- College degree in Accounting
- Hungarian Chartered Accountant (HCA)