As a Solution Designer & Consultant (m / f) you are responsible to create solutions and advise our customers in coordination with other business units and partners of T-Systems in terms of outsourcing projects with a focus on Service Desk and/or Field Services.
You process customer requests within the framework of the sales process and the international delivery and partner management model of T-Systems.
Major activities of your job are to design solutions, conduct due diligences, create proposals and calculations, present proposals and support to close and implement the contract. You work in close cooperation with partners, sales, solution managers, procurement, legal and other members of the bid team. Part of your duty is to coordinate partners and take care that proposals of partners match with the customer requirements and with the T-Systems Partner Management standards.
You are involved in presentations for Service Desk and/or Field Services solutions at ICT management level of the customer.
You support to keep the standard offering and pricing for Service Desk and/or Field Services on a best-practice and competitive level. You analyse the current mode of operation, design technical solutions and give commercial recommendations to the T-Systems delivery management within projects to support the goal of cost leadership in the International Service Desk and/or Field Services.
- General consultancy tasks within the service Desk and/or Field Services area for our international customers:
- Analyze and qualify customer requirements
- Select partners according partner model and define a worldwide delivery model that match to the customer requirements
- Coordinate partners during the bid phase
- Design solutions with respect to processes, tools, staff and organization
- Calculate costs for existing and new business
- Conduct due diligences
- Assess technical risks, assumptions and customer obligations
- Support the preparation of TCO business cases
- Support sales to prepare offers and conduct customer presentations
- Support procurement to assess technical risks re contractual compliance
- Support in writing technical descriptions for contracts
- Create solutions and give commercial recommendations to the T-Systems delivery management within projects with the target to reduce costs
In addition to a degree in Technology / Computer Science / Business administration / Economics in computer science or an equivalent qualification with business administration or technical skills, you must also prove several years of experience in communications sector or IT sector, preferably in a call center /Service Desk and/or Field Services area. Experience in working with customers, partners or vendors, sales and other units in the sales process until contract closing are preferred. Your skills in analytical and conceptual thinking simultaneously implementation-oriented enable you to derive a consistent strategy of action. Even in a politically sensitive environment, you know how to cope confidently even with a high potential for conflict with your colleagues the challenges.
- Very good analytical skills and solution oriented working methods
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Flexible and autonomous with ability to work in international project teams
- Good moderation and coordination skills, experience in vendor/partner coordination
- Good negotiation skills, experience in customer/vendor/partner negotiations
- Good technical knowledge preferably in the area of desktop services
- Good commercial skills and competence in price calculations
- Good project management skills (close presales deals in time, quality, budget)
- Knowledge of process management according ITIL
- Very good MS Excel skills
Other preferable personal qualities and skills
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written German and English with the corresponding ability to fluently communicate with international customers and partners.
- Flexibility, national and international mobility- willingness to deployments at various locations in Europe for several weeks
- Social competence in dealing with colleagues, even in critical situations and escalations
- Ability to handle temporary high capacity load (project work)
- Positive and professional behavior in combination with good manners and a strong customer focus
- Willingness to improve any missing knowledge and skills
- Others language capabilities than German and English desirable