Job Title: Solution Architect (1. My Work Services and 2. Mobility Collaboration)
Job ID: 271054
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Org Marketing Statement
Unisys is a worldwide information technology services and solutions company. We provide consulting, systems integration, outsourcing and infrastructure services, combined with powerful enterprise server technology. We specialize in helping clients use information to create efficient, secure business operations that allow them to achieve their business goals. Our consultants and industry experts work with clients to understand their business challenges and create greater visibility into critical linkages throughout their operations.
Unisys Global Services Hungary (UGSH) opened its Budapest office in January 2007 providing business process outsourcing and technical help desk services to its prestigious clients across Europe.
Day to Day Work
Solution Architect (My Work Services)
Acts as a senior architect for medium to large (>=$10M US) IT Outsourcing engagements or in an architectural support role for specific complex engagements. Ensures that the proposed solution meets the client's requirements, is architecturally complete, and all architectural risks are quantified within their assigned area. Supports client engagements with portfolio knowledge and implementation experience. Ensures that the solution aligns with and utilizes the portfolio offerings.
Key Responsibilities / Outcomes
Fills the senior architect functional role to advise clients and GMS architects on the use of GMS offerings in order to design a tailored client solution. Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading or supporting architectural and/or solution reviews.
- Leading or supporting strategic planning activities and business case development for client engagements.
- Collaborating with and advising members of sales teams on solution features, architectural issues, implementation considerations, cost elements and effort estimates.
- Analyzing and evaluating client requirements against portfolio offerings and architecting those requirements into a competitive solution,
- Architecting a solution using appropriate portfolio offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
- Supporting the development of cost elements and resource estimates as well as solution models.
- Refining and optimizing architectural models.
- Adhering to appropriate SDF processes, architectural artifact requirements and the GMS End-to-End Service Model.
- Making architectural decisions about how solutions should be designed and implemented based on understanding IT Service offerings and service agreements
- Being responsible for the overall solution integrity for the assigned offering area.
- Acting as an expert on IT infrastructure and infrastructure management.
- Coordinating architect resources to develop the solution architecture.
- Presenting the solution to internal and client stakeholders.
Client Facing Responsibilities
Contributes to GMS business goals and delivery engagements by:
- Working with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements
- Acting as a highly skilled resource on Unisys Portfolio offerings for client activities
- Communicating offering and solution architectural design and service specifics to client stakeholders
- Educating client personnel on Unisys solution architecture and future strategy
- Working with client technical staff during service definition and transition to resolve issues
- Presenting solution design to the client IT staff and/or client senior management
- Assuming accountability for the overall solution design and the successful implementation of the architectural areas.
- My Work Services Management
- Candidates have been involved in the design of office workplace strategies or transformation initiatives either from a consulting, solutioning or delivery perspective, and covering the following domains
- Desktop Migrations
- Desktop Deployment : including Zero Touch Installation (ZTI) , Low Touch Installation (LTI)
- Application Packaging / Desktop Image Design
- Utility computing and cloud based platforms supporting desktops virtualizations (VDI).
- Consumerisation and BYOD
- Enterprise Directories
Candidates must be familiar with key vendor technologies (holding any certification would be a plus) and have experience in working with vendor roadmaps to understand their potential impact on technical landscapes, such as:
- Microsoft OS: Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM 2007/2012)
- Citrix (XenDesktop, XenApp), VMWare
Collaboration Services and MobilityCandidates will demonstrate previous track record in the design of innovative infrastructure solutions relating to Collaboration or will have been involved in Unified Communications projects for Corporate organizations aiming to improve the speed of business.
Candidates will demonstrate knowledge and previous engagements in one or more of the following domains:
- Familiar with current mobile design paradigm and client's evolving mobility strategy including BYOD
- Solid hands-on technical experience in the design and implementation of Microsoft Collaboration and Messaging technologies such as Lync, Sharepoint, AD, …
- Exposure to major components of remote access and mobility technology infrastructure like Mobile Device Management (AirWatch), Citrix, ….
- Experience with Mobile App deployment and private app stores
- Expertise in mobile development with Windows Mobile or Embedded Platforms, iOS and/or Java (Android/Blackberry) using mobile SDK would be seen as an advantage
- Remote access and authentication solutions (Citrix, OWA, RSA, VPN) and Security best practices
A minimum of 10 years of relevant IT experience. Masters Degree or equivalent experience
Enterprise IT infrastructure enterprise planning or support experience
IT Outsourcing / Managed Services experience
TOGAF, ITIL, Security or other related certification desirable
- ITO Win rates
- Solution Effectiveness
- Adoption of GMS standard tools and processes
- Client satisfaction with solution
- Internal Unisys feedback and satisfaction
In return, we offer a competitive compensation package and the exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing international company. Successful applicants can look forward to challenging career prospects.