Our client is a multinational, industry leading provider of drilling modules to the oil and gas industry. The company commissions, designs, manufactures, installs, and provides aftermarket service for a wide variety of drilling systems and equipment.
To the office in South Norway, we are now looking for Software Engineers to join the team.
- Working within the Department to improve and develop control systems for lifting systems, for subsea construction vessels, drill ships, FPSOs and installation vessels for wind power;
- Programming and designing softwares for motion control, system monitoring, signaling, data logging, human-machine interface and control algorithms for wave compensation and tick control;
- Participating in the design and development of control systems of lifting and handling equipment such as cranes to load/unload the ship/platform, advanced pipeline and riser handling cranes and cranes for wave compensation;
- Using tools such as Simatic S7 PLC (WinCC Flexible) and any high-level language like C #, etc.;
- Developing functional specifications, software documentation and test documents;
- HIL testing and simulation development;
- Monitoring, testing and commissioning of software solutions and equipment.
- Engineers in electrical / programming, who want to be involved in the development of next generation control systems for drilling/subsea- applications;
- Higher programming skills;
- Knowledge of Simatic PLC and multi-axis control of the use of hydraulics;
- Oil industry Background is an advantage.
- We are looking for positive and motivated employees who want to move to Norway on a permanent basis.
- Good written and oral presentation skills in English;
- Structured, flexible and quality conscious personality;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Interesting and challenging work in an international environment with excellent opportunities for professional development;
- Standard Norwegian engineering salary;
- Exiting career opportunities;
- Contract through Kelly Services Norway the first year, after that great possibility of extension or permanent employment.
- Onshore offices of Client in South Norway – some traveling involved occasionally.