- GUI development, based on API interface for JIRA
- Regular WebEx Telcos
- Internal application development
- College / University degree in IT
- At least intermediate English knowledge
- Experience in building web UIs (different web frameworks are a plus).
- Basic understanding of Java Swing, some experience in building rich UIs with Swing.
- Basic understanding of Java Enterprise Edition (not architect, but understanding what transaction, request-response, round-trip, server vs. client performance mean).
- Basic understanding in SE process as defined by SE Book, SE Tools.
- Basic understanding of the following tools (may be learned in the project if necessary): JIRA, Enterprise Architect, IntelliJ IDEA, Jenkins, SonarQube, Upsource.
- Good abstraction skills: building a mental model, understanding OOP (difference instance and class, interface and class, when to use inheritance (and why that is a bad idea most of the time), difference between field, parameter, local variable and when to use what, …).
- Some experience in agile development: Kanban, Epic and Story, using a workflow, where do document what.
- Good experience what software quality means.
- Some experience in basic Java mechanism: Apache libraries, logging, i18n, exception handling, UIs, generics, lambdas, default methods