Every day more than hundred thousand airplanes take off from airports all over the world. Even a single plane's take-off requires countless critical finely tuned technical and logistic processes, which would be impossible without a stable and innovative IT background.
Lufthansa Systems Hungária Kft has acquired an unique know-how in developing innovative applications for global customers within and outside the airline industry. We offer you the possibility to work for the one and only Hungarian aviation IT software development company.
Software Application Engineer
In this position our new colleague will take responsibility in various field: software development, maintenance and application operation of internal systems used by the entire Lufthansa group. Our new colleague will also work closely with German partners and take the ownership for world-wide used systems.
- Interpretation and clarification of new/updated requirements
- Effort estimation and design of variable sized software changes
- Implementation of new requirements using Java SE in Microsoft environment
- Maintenance of the internal systems in case of planned changes, incidents or problems
- Prioritize problems based on impact and urgency
- Close daily cooperation with the German team
- Take the ownership for applications which are used all over the world
You are looking for us, if You
- have at least 2 years of experience in Java SE development,
- are self-confident to work with Maven,
- have experience in operation of Tomcat and version control systems preferably SVN,
- have solid knowledge in configuration of Windows,
- enjoy working in a virtual team and are also able to proactively manage your relationships in it,
- can communicate well in German,
- are able to read and write documentation in English.
Advantages, if you
- have experience in application operation,
- previously have worked together with German teams in close cooperation.
Required for application
- certificate of good conduct (erkölcsi bizonyítvány)