Senior Wastewater Treatment Process Engineer - Swindon
Senior Wastewater Treatment Process Engineer
To become a lead participant in the wastewater treatment team, heading treatment projects, investigations, studies and assessment particularly in the industrial sector.
• Manages projects within the treatment processes team, with focus on wastewater treatment in industrial applications, for achieving client satisfaction within scope, budget and schedule commitments.
• Supplies dedicated and innovative customer solutions, by collecting and analysing information, researching, adapting, and modifying engineering and scientific techniques, preparing drawings, schematics, evaluating process components, resolving design/integration issues, developing process specifications, performing cost analysis.
• Liaises with a broad range of clients, engages in development of client relationships.
• Contributes to project team performance, by communicating essential information, coordinating actions, obtaining expert inputs, reviewing open issues/action items, sharing information in team meetings while focused on project completion within timelines.
• Advances professional and technical knowledge, by attending professional workshops, reading professional publications, establishing excellent networks, participating in professional societies.
• Prepares excellent technical reports and presentations for internal and external use.
• Enhances company reputation by taking ownership over new and diverse client requests/challenges, proactively exploring opportunities to add extra value to job accomplishments.
• B.Sc. or B.Eng. in Environmental/Chemical Engineering or B.Sc. in Water/Wastewater Sciences. A post graduate degree would be advantageous.
• 10 years' experience in wastewater treatment, 5 in industrial wastewater treatment. Previous consulting experience would be preferred.
• Experience in a broad range of processes and operation practices relevant to the industrial sector, able to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
• Proven experience with clients from sectors such as F&B, pharmaceutical, oil and gas.
• Excellent client liaising skills. Highly experienced in providing tailored "one-of-a-kind" solutions to clients (experience in working with Tier 1 companies is advantageous).
• International experience is advantageous.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills.
• Ability to lead and motivate, willingly takes ownership of issues and seeks team participation to achieve best solution.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations.
• Ability to work in compromising situations, possess a "can do" attitude, able to devise new approaches to problems encountered.
• Understanding of R&D procedures and innovative approaches in water treatment engineering and emerging process technologies.
• Excellent IT skills, familiar with relevant computer applications and simulation software.