Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
We are excited to announce that we are recruiting for a Senior Training Specialist to join our team in our newly created Finance Shared Service Center, supporting our $4.5B global U.S.-based company - based in Debrecen, Hungary.
As part of our long-term vision for the Flowserve Shared Service model, the Debrecen facility may potentially accommodate up to 400 employees over the next 3-5 years. This center will serve the North American and EMEA regions.
This position will report to the Shared Service Change Management Director and matrixed reporting relationship into Flowserve Corporate Talent Development Management. The successful candidate will devise the Global Shared Services Training Strategy, oversee its implementation and assess its outcomes. He/ She will identify training and developmental needs and drive suitable training initiatives that build skills in the Shared Service Center. The goal is to enhance employees’ skills, performance, productivity and quality of work.
Functional experience and education
- 3-5+ years’ experience in training and HR.
- Relevant Bachelors or Masters level education.
Organization and management
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong bias for action and ability to proactively recognize and resolve issues.
- Have the ability to work in a cross-functional matrix environment.
Technical & process knowledge
- Proven working experience as a training specialist.
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs including knowledge of training plan, curriculum, and aid design and development.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, etc.)
- Excellent communication and leadership, teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong English and Hungarian writing and speaking.
- Experience in managing training programs and project management
- Good computer and database skills
- Knowledge of implementation and facilitation of technical, operational, and/or specialty training events and program.
- Ability to assess training needs and goals.
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate responsive programs and initiatives including training plans, curricula, and methodology.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers.
- Draw an overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses needs and expectations.
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods.
- Conduct effective induction and orientation sessions.
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them.
- Provide opportunities for ongoing development.
- Resolve any specific training problems and tailor programs as necessary.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Develop and monitor train the trainer program for on-going process improvement and overall skill-building in the Center.
- Stay connected with Corporate Talent Development organization to leverage best practices and deploy new corporate training programs.
- Facilitate Learning Management System (LMS) content development for the Shared Service Center. Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the Center on use of LMS.