Our client is a world leader in electronic options trading. With a 15-year track record of success, they serve the international financial community by providing orderly, liquid markets in financial derivatives. They are active in 8 countries and on 23 international exchanges and provide quotes in a diverse global portfolio of equity options. They are at the forefront of mathematical finance and financial automation. The key to our success and continued growth is our world-leading software development and world-class systems engineering.
- Ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the information systems that support core trading, analytics functions, and user applications.
- Deploying, monitoring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all Windows server systems, application systems, and storage systems.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the server environment; managing access and permission to ensure data confidentiality and integrity.
- Producing and maintaining detailed, rigorous engineering documentation for mission critical systems.
- Maximizing utilization of all equipment in a 24x7x365 environment, ensuring proper system redundancy and data backup.
- Deploying technology to improve and automate routine tasks and maintenance of those systems.
- Managing systems infrastructure, including power, cooling and computing equipment, and ensuring general server/data center health across international installations.
- Anticipating, exploring and managing core and contingent risks to operating infrastructure.
- Managing a range of vendor relationships.
- 5+ years of hands on systems experience (experience in a global environment a plus).
- University degree in related field or equivalent work experience, MCSE cert preferred
- Deep hardware and systems architecture experience with high availability systems, including benchmarking and monitoring (experience with networks a plus).
- Experience administering and maintaining the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- Redundancy / high availability server and storage solutions.
- Storage area networks.
- Virtualization solutions.
- Microsoft Exchange Server / Outlook.
- Proven project management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Good English language communication skills.
- Some travel required.
Position is located in Budapest