UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Senior Supply Assistant (Inventory)
Position Numbers: 10022503, 10022504, 10022505 (three positions)
Category & Level: General Service, G-5
Location: Supply Management and Logistics Service (SMLS), Division of Emergency, Security and Supply (DESS)
Effective date: As soon as possible
Duration: initially for a period of one year (renewable)
Closing Date:22 March 2014
The Senior Supply Assistant (Inventory) provides support to all UNHCR operations pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance and warehousing in the operation.
The incumbent is supervised by Senior Supply Associate (Logistics) who provides regular guidance. S/he works independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisor on more complex issues. The incumbent maintains regular contact on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors. The duty of the incumbent is to ensure accurate data maintenance on warehouses and inventories in cooperation with the filed.
- UNHCR delivers timely and quality goods and services to persons of concern in compliance with supply chain rules and procedures.
- Apply UNHCR's inventory rules and regulations as per the relevant Administrative Instructions and related polices.
- Assist in the consolidation of the current warehouse structure and perform the monthly reconciliation of the stock.
- Analyse the data of quarterly and yearly physical counts of inventories, maintain reliable database of global stockpiles and country warehouses.
- Maintain comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide reports and updates periodically and upon request.
- Contribute to the accurate data maintenance in all relevant business systems, follow-up correspondence and solve incidents regarding warehousing.
- Follow up on weekly basis with the inventory focal points in the field on issues pertaining to inventory.
- Analyse the in/outgoing flow, identify surplus stock and improve operational stock rotation of care and maintenance operations.
- Maintain accurate data in all relevant business systems.
- Compile statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Any other responsibility related tasks as required.
- Make decision in case of requirement for stock modification and advising on better stock balance
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of the Secondary School education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Logistics, Warehousing or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Analytical thinking;
- Planning and organizing.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position such as the Supply Chain Learning Programme (SCLP).
- Computer skills (MS Office and PeopleSoft/MSRP).
- Experience in customs formalities.
- Experience in logistics or warehousing.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language is an asset.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your motivation letter, CV and Personal History Form (P11), by e-mail with “Your LAST name - Application for the Senior Supply Assistant (Inventory) (10022503, 10022504, 10022505) positions” in the subject line to the email address below by 22 May 2014.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése