UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
|Title of Position:
||Senior Staff Development Associate (Certification)|
|Category & Level:||General Service, G-7|
|Location:||Global Learning Centre (GLC)|
|Duration:||initially for one year (renewable)|
||17 April 2015|
The Senior Staff Development Associate (Certification) will be situated in the Learning Solutions Unit Design (LSU – D) and will be focused on supporting the establishment as well as the management and administration of the overall UNHCR Certification Programme (UNHCR-CP).
Under the direct supervision of the Learning Solutions Officer (Design), who will play the role of Project Coordinator for the UNHCR-CP, the incumbent working in collaboration with other available certification designated staff (especially those within each GLC thematic unit), will support the management of a portfolio of several certification programmes that will form part of the UNHCR-CP. She/he will execute decisions taken by his/her supervisor regarding programme coordination and will be tasked with establishing and maintaining efficient administrative control mechanisms to ensure compliance with UNHCR financial, administrative, and staff rules and regulations.
More specifically, the post requires the incumbent to work both internally and externally with stakeholders including within DHRM and other divisions, bureaus, vendors and the field. As a member of the GLC team, the incumbent will also be responsible for supporting the preparation of consultancy documents, requests for proposals for services as well as any other learning activity or programme related to certification.
- Projects relating to the establishment of the UNHCR-CP and its individual certification programmes are adequately supported in terms of project management and co-ordination.
- Certification programmes development, implementation and evaluations activities are adequately supported, so as to yield desired results in line with the UNHCR/GLC learning policy.
- Once in operation, the UNHCR-CP and its components are administered and adequately managed, in line with GLC processes – benefiting from the application of effective administrative and financial management practices, as well as relevant systems and technologies.
This position requires experience in project management as well as general administrative and resource (including finance) management. In addition, some experience in the development and delivery of learning programmes that require multiple modes of delivery including face to face, online and blended will be useful. The position will be involved in the management of projects for the development of all of the certification programmes. Further, the position will involve day-to-day management of the UNHCR-CP, utilizing UNHCR’s learning Management System (LMS).
- Organize and manage all documents regarding the UNHCR-CP.
- Collaborate and engage with stakeholders (internal and external) in order to guarantee that there is effective communication and expectations as well as support the implementation of change management processes (such as an information strategy) put in place surrounding the UNHCR certification Programme.
- Support the coordination and management of projects geared towards the establishment of all certification programmes.
- Manage or actively participate in the management of vendors and suppliers for the certification programme(s).
- Organize and manage meetings and events for all certification programmes.
- Support the evaluation processes and related activities regarding the UNHCR Certification Programme.
- To the extent possible, provide support to functional units in their development, management, review and improvement of functional certification programmes.
- Support certification programme evaluations.
- Once the programmes are established or as individual programmes come online, actively support the everyday operational management of the learning programmes.
- Support the coordination of certification renewals and related required learning activities.
- Participate in the operational management and coordination of assessments centres for the certification programme(s).
- Handle administrative and finance management aspects of the umbrella certification programme.
- Coordinate the preparation of learning reports.
- Assist in the preparation of LSU- D’s budgets, as well as the monitoring of expenditure and preparation of periodic expenditure reports.
- Provide broader support as needed on any and every aspects of the certification programme.
- Any other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the Head of GLC and Chief Learning Officer in order to meet the level of the services in the organization.
- Enter budget and expenditure data into PeopleSoft and run periodic expenditure reports.
- Establish and maintain electronic and hardcopy filing system for the UNHCR Certification Programme.
- Evaluate technical equipment needs and prepares relevant requisitions.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of Secondary Education with course work/training or its equivalent technical or commercial school in education and/or business administration or a related field.
- 11 years of relevant experience in progressively responsible administrative functions, preferably related to project management, administration, programme, pedagogical activities and/or provision of training and certification.
- Experience of effective communication with partners, vendors, or stakeholders on project related aspects.
- Familiarity with training and learning development and management.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent skills in organizing and record-keeping.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Managing resources,
- Technological Awareness,
- Analytical thinking
- Planning and organizing
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Additional education/certificate in project management or closely related area especially as it relates to learning design and development (certification in project management will be an asset).
- Experience with systems like PeopleSoft, Learning Management Systems (LMS), Learning content Management System (9LCMS) or equivalent.
- Experience with adult learning theories and instructional design covering the design, development, delivery and improvement of learning programmes (certification learning programmes will be a big asset).
- Experience using authoring tools to develop eLearning or distance learning activities.
- Practical experience in contract negotiations and management.
- Familiarity with humanitarian operations, procedures and refugee issues.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset, preferably French and/or Arabic.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Link megjelenítése (P11) and if applicable its Link megjelenítése, motivation letter and CV by e-mail with Your name - Application for the Snr. Staff Development Assoc. (Cert.) (10021021) position” in the subject line to the email address below by 17 April 2015.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training) or any other fees.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése