Senior Reporting Subject Matter Expert
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company. Our ambition is to become one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world. Old and new, large and small, global and local - the depth and breadth of our product portfolio is second to none, with brands sold in 180 countries.
Diageo’s Global Business Shared Services is a vital part of Diageo and its finance function – 50% of total finance activities are handled by Budapest Office and 80% of the markets are serviced from Budapest.
In our office located in the heart of Budapest since 2001 we provide an
inspiring environment with Diageo’s values and brands.
In 2015 we became the „Best Employer of Hungary”* that makes us even more proud to work at Diageo.
Purpose of the Role
The Reporting SME will report directly into the BI&A Operations manager and will provide dedicated in-market decision making support to Mainstream spirit business.
The role will be responsible for contributing to the quality reporting service for Mainstream, providing market analysis, embedding new reports, collating source data and working within the operations team to help deliver the BI&A agenda. In addition to that the role holder will support the MS markets with development / generation of insightful analytical reports to support decision making.
- Review and interrogation of market strategy submissions to help assess ambition vs market opportunity, sufficiency of stretch
- Provide analysis around core KPI’s of CAAP Margin, COGs/Eu, A&P allocation etc. to ensure that the key markets have insightful challenge and support provided in line with strategy and visible metrics.
- Specific areas of interrogation and analysis around opportunity identification to meet the published growth ambition
- Support with data analysis to identify the big ideas and opportunities
- Additional areas required to include market analysis in support of strategy development … category size and share, growth potential
- Be a great business partner to the regional director, the regional BRM, the in-market commercial/finance teams, the BI& Operations
- Manager and the wider BI&A team through building great relationships, supporting and challenging with skill, holding business partners to account
- Ad-hoc tasks
- University or Collage degree preferably in Finance or Economics
- Certified Accountant certification is an advantage
- At least 4 years’ of experience in a Reporting, Financial Analyses position at a multinational or SSC environment
- Strong Financial Planning & Analysis skills acquired through performance management and/or reporting roles preferably with consolidation of multiple entities
- Fluency in business English
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent senior stake-holder management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work and engage cross-functionally and remotely
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- PC skills and system knowledge - MS Excel, Outlook, strong knowledge of SAP
- Demonstrable leadership and influencing skills.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and market leader benefit package
- Numerous professional and soft-skill trainings
- Free 24/7 Gym
- Rooftop Bar
- In-house Staff Shop
- Corporate Social Responsibility programs and periodic social events
- Opportunity to thrive in a constantly expanding, multinational organization