UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Senior Personnel Administration Assistant
Position Number: 10023068, 10023070, 10023071, 10023074, 10012888 (five positions)
Category & Level: General Service, G-5
Location: Human Resources Staff Services, (HRSS),
Personnel Administration and Payroll Section (PAPS)
Global Service Centre, Budapest
Effective date: 1 January 2015
Duration: initially for a period of one year
Closing Date: 9 November 2014
PAPS is the section in UNHCR that deals with all personnel benefits, entitlement and payroll administration tasks of the organization. This includes:
- Regular feedback of staff data into MSRP Human Resources/Payroll database so that the data base will remain reliable at all the time.
- Timely processing of statutory claims and/or any other ad-hoc claims of the staff members and/or relevant third parties.
- Proper records of staff members assignments, reassignments, missions, leaves personal/family status are maintained; Counselling and advices are provided to the staff member on matters of mutual interest to the staff members and the organization.
- Provide briefings, guidance and instructions to the staff when they are first recruited and/or assigned from one duty station to the other.
- Serve the field staff by providing guidance and explanations on all aspects of personnel matters that includes emergency and medical evacuations.
- Liaise with other services and UN agencies.
- Assist the management DHRM/UNHCR to develop and formulate personnel policies in line with UN rules and regulations to serve the UNHCR global staff in an effective and an efficient manner.
Senior Personnel Administration Assistant will function under direct supervision of an Officer in the PAPS of UNHCR, Budapest. S/He will be working in a discreet working environment in which various personnel Administration issues will be discussed and actions would be initiated. Following are the essential functions of the position though they are not intended to be all-inclusive, since the incumbent (s) may be required carry out similar functions in the PAPS and/or replace a colleague (another Senior Personnel Administration Assistant or a Personnel Administration Assistant) due to operational needs.
- Prepare appointment, re/assignment, separation correspondence and related contract administration documentations and authorizations.
- Process and record staff data and entitlements in the MSRP Human Resources database for payment, and/or forward certified entitlement/ benefit to the next stage of processing/payment. The above tasks are to be processed with the utmost accuracy and in a timely manner. Print and analyze reports from the electronic database (MSRP) and take appropriate follow-up action, if necessary.
- Stay abreast of policy developments and application of administrative procedures on personnel/Human Resources issues so that appropriate responses can be given to various queries by the S/m.
- Manage the flow of incoming requests from UNHCR staff members. Provide relevant information and/or take appropriate action subject to the nature of the query or arrange for the SM to liaise with the relevant office/ officer for information and/or action. In all such queries/requests, incumbent is expected to observe due discretion and confidentiality.
- Provides information to staff members on their employment conditions and entitlements, including on-entry briefings; refer cases for counseling to senior colleagues as and when special attention is required. The incumbent is expected to observe utmost discretion, due confidentiality and courtesy in dealing with the S/m and other clients.
- Verify the status of individual personnel files to ensure that files are up-to-date with all relevant records on leave/attendance and other statutory entitlements of the s/m.
- Maintain an up-dated follow-up system and records on all pending personnel matters of staff members that are assigned to the incumbent for personnel administration. Based on records and available information, the incumbent should follow up on appropriate action(s).
- Calculate and monitor the special entitlements of the staff members who are in special status or on extended sick leave
- Any other official function that may be assigned by the supervisor under specific situation.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of Secondary school or its equivalent technical or commercial school with course work/training in Personnel Administration.
- Minimum 5 years of experience progressively responsible function in offices that administer/manage a large number of staff preferably within the UN.
- Good knowledge in Administrative procedures, processes and provision of support services in an International organization.
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service oriented manner in demanding working conditions that often have short deadlines.
- High IT affinity is essential with excellent computer skills and working knowledge in MS office software.
- Ability for analytical and creative thinking for rapid solution(s).
- Ability to produce high quality output with desirable results.
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal skills to deal with S/M of different cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Strive to live up to high ethical and professional standards.
- An outgoing personality with service oriented attitudes.
- Excellent knowledge of English (written/oral/comprehension).
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Exposure to UNHCR specific training/learning programmes.
- Experience in UNHCR Field operations.
- Local language and/or working knowledge of any other UN language, preferably French.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation, CV and Personal History Form (P11), by e-mail with “Your LAST name - Application for the Sen. Personnel Admin. Assistant (10023068 -70-71-74-88) positions” in the subject line to the email address below by 9 November 2013.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése