Senior Optical Engineer (m/f) - Bayern, München, 81379
A member of the listed technology group OHB AG, OHB System AG is one of the Top 3 European space companies. Around 2,000 employees work on some of the most important aviation and space programs of our times in Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Luxembourg and Sweden. These include low-orbiting and geostationary satellites for earth observation, navigation, telecommunications, science and space exploration. At its two strong locations in Bremen and Munich, OHB System AG designs satellites and systems for manned space flight, aerial reconnaissance and process control systems. We owe our success to our extraordinary employees and their passion for innovation, their commitment and their initiative. We invite you to join this international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. At OHB you will have creative scope to work on exciting and innovative technological projects and frequently explore new terrain.
To support our Optical Systems Department in the technical branch of our company, we are looking for aSenior Optical Engineer (m/f)
You will be responsible for the overall optical design and lead efforts in defining requirements, implementing designs and test methodologies for testing complex optical systems for present and future European and German space projects. In your role, you shall closely cooperate with other technical disciplines (structural, thermal, electrical, AIT, system engineering) creating an interdisciplinary space instrument design. Further, you shall be responsible for the technical interface to technical managers, customers and subcontractors for the relevant project. With your experience and expertise, you will be the senior advisor, and be the central point of contact for all optical related questions in the company.
- Design, analysis and tolerancing of, mostly scientific, optical systems
- Establishing and maintenance of optical models
- Conduction of optical analyses
- Definition and derivation of optical requirements
- Definition and conduction of trade studies to support optical design decisions
- Coordination of design, development, integration and test activities with other engineering disciplines and technical managers
- Presentation of the results of the optical design and analyses in internal and external meetings with the customers
- Definition of technical specifications for optical systems, subsystems and equipment
- Definition of optical verification strategies
- Shadow Engineering of vendors
- Support in the generation of proposal and planning for future projects with focus on optical performance requirements
- University degree or equivalent qualification in optics, physics, engineering or a related technical discipline
- Ideally at least ten years of professional experience
- Strong knowledge in optics with significant expertise in optical modeling and simulation, especially in the field of telescopes, spectrometers and interferometers
- Wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in interfaces and interactions between various aspects of optical systems
- Significant experience using optical design software (e. g. ZEMAX, Code V, ASAP) is a must
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-language team
- Ability to quickly establish rapport, build trust, and develop excellent working relationships with other team members, customers and vendors
- Ability to work simultaneously in different projects
- Process-oriented thinking
- Organized and structured attitude, high degree of motivation and personal identification with the respective task and project
- Excellent German and English skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in space-flight industry, preferably with ESA or DLR projects
- Knowledge of LabView, MATLAB, and Python
- Programming skills
At OHB you can expect a performance related salary, above average social benefits, personal freedom, a generous flexible time programme, and a varied and interesting job in an established systems company in the area of space technology. Location will be in Munich (Germany) until relocation to Oberpfaffenhofen (approx. 30 km west of Munich) in late 2015.
OHB System AG Human Resources
Have we aroused your interest?
If so, we would be pleased to receive your detailed application stating your project references, salary expectations and your earliest available starting date.
Please apply via online.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />