Our client’s first Global Delivery Center was established at Budapest, Hungary in 2001. The objective of this center is to provide near-shore services to the customers in Western (the UK and the Continent) and Eastern Europe and to customers with a global presence. This center provides substantial benefits such as same time zone support, country-specific localization skills, enhanced mobility and convenience with respect to visa issues, ability to service projects that require access to sensitive data, reduced travel time and costs, etc. This center works in close collaboration with other global delivery centers for providing 24/7 global support using local associates in various regions. We are looking candidates for the following role:
Senior Network Engineer
Individuals with extensive experience in network infrastructure planning, design, engineering, implementation, troubleshooting and support of large scale enterprise LAN/WAN and data centers. Primarily responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, administering, maintaining, and troubleshooting network systems. Participate in capacity planning, support the creation and the maintenance of network disaster recovery plans, and monitor all network performance activities. Design and implement appropriate network security measures and procedures. Routinely involved with the configuration and maintenance of physical and logical network components. Provide advance level support for network issues. Senior professionals are additionally involved with planning and designing the network infra-structure and enterprise network solutions. Demonstrate a high level of knowledge surrounding general networks and display strong troubleshooting skills. Individuals are also skilled in the use of network diagnostic tools and software aids for the investigation of network problems.
- Act as the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on client engagements and provide technical guidance to the team.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, installing, implementing, and administering network systems and providing tier II and tier III support.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: Solution, Designing, Monitoring, Integration, Support/Maintenance and Architecture. Understand Customer business deployment needs and design solutions building Enterprise Networks (LAN/WLAN/WAN/Datacenter).
- Conducts short and long term planning to meet network requirements.
- Designs and implements network systems. Provides support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves network problems. Plans and monitors the installation of network systems.
- Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance. Analyzes facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies.
- Develops capacity planning models. Ensures planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met. Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business.
- Provides network planning recommendations to senior management. Develops network security guidelines regarding firewall maintenance and rule setting, intrusion detection, filter creation, and e-mail scanning. Ensures appropriate encryption requirements are applied. Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends changes.
- Leading Network reviews and audits required for regulatory and policy compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required
- Cisco certifications including CCIE or CCDE are preferred
- 8-12 years of relevant IT work experience
- Should be open to work in a global distributed environment with Cross-cultural sensitivity. The person in this role is expected to respond to high impact issues on a 24x7 basis, participating in a rotating on-call schedule with other team members.
- Thorough knowledge on advanced TCP/IP concepts, switching, routing protocols Layer 2, Layer 3 protocols. Should have expertise in Designing, Configuring, installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and optimizing Cisco Nexus 7K,5K,2K, 6500, catalyst series switches, Cisco F5 Load Balancer LTM and GTM, Infoblox, Cisco WAAS WAN Accelerator etc.
- Strong understanding of designing and implementing Quality of Service
- Expertise in Cisco Nexus technologies like vPC, VDC etc
- Strong understandings of DCI (Data Center Interconnect) using FabricPath
- Strong understanding of MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Multicast, ipv6, DWDM, SONET, Metro Ethernet, LAN/WAN network design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Good understandings of SAN Technologies (FC, FCoE, NPV, NPIV, FSPF, iSCSI, etc).
- Ability to design a Large Scale Enterprise Network using Cisco recommended best practices.
- Ability to facilitate the technical designs and architecture discussion with clients, excellent communications and writing skills required
- Proven track record in the following skills/abilities:English + Russian language knowledge (fluent level)
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Process Orientation
- Self-motivated, deals with ambiguity
What we offer:
- Open, international and multicultural environment
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding organization
- IT Academy courses, professional development and career path
- Competitive salary and cafeteria benefits
Place of work: Budapest / Hungary
Please, send your CV to E-mail cím megjelenítése e-mail address, by indicating the following reference number in the Subject field: HR6955404X
VISION Recruitment Hungary
Phone: +36 1 919 12 70