Our Partner is the leading global financial services company, providing broad range of financial products and services to its customers globally.
Senior Financial Analyst
Primarily focus is being responsible for oversight of the division P&L and Balance Sheet reporting. Involves managing a complex P&L, driving improvements to the control infrastructure, meeting external reporting requirements specific to the business, as well as providing add-value and forward thinking P&L analysis.
- Manage the daily production of desk level P&L and balance sheet. Will include explanation of P&L movements to management, profit attribution analysis, responsibility of position reconciliation’s, balance sheet analysis and control.
- Drive improvements to the control infrastructure. The infrastructure is currently undergoing significant change as part of a global automation initiative. This role will be instrumental in making sure that the EMEA requirements
- Participation in desk level activities, including preparing the daily product specific business level revenues and commentary.
- Be a valued business partner to other departments from a finance perspective.
- Be aware of booking entries and related accounting treatments.
- Understand the key controls, own the control infrastructure and document those controls on a regular basis for internal and external reviews.
- Understand the process flows and reconciliations. Interaction with other departments and Accounting Policy on review complex transactions for pricing, reserving and control issues.
- Team management responsibility, reviewing, advising the team members.
- Degree in accounting / finance / economics
- Around 5+ years of experience in the field of accounting or finance
- Banking audit, Big 4 audit or SSC background is an advantage
- Good understanding of capital markets
- Fluency in English
- Strong communication skills - written and oral
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in a supervisory role is an advantage