UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Senior Finance Associate (Financial Systems Support)
Position Number: 10012761
Category & Level: General Service, G-7
Location: Accounts and Financial Services
Global Service Centre, Budapest
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: initially for a period of one year in replacement capacity
Closing Date: 19 January 2016
The Accounts and Financial Service (AFS) of the Division of Financial and Administrative Management (DFAM) is responsible for the financial accounting and reporting of UNHCR, in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the United Nations and the UNHCR’s Financial Rules. Within AFS, the Financial Systems Support and Reporting Unit (FSSRU) carries out systems maintenance and support activities for MSRP (UNHCR’s PeopleSoft-based ERP system) and provides advice and support to users at HQ and in the field on the technical aspects of UNHCR accounting procedures.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, Head of FSSRU, the incumbent works quite independently on regular assignments. He/she guides the work of junior team members, interacts with staff in AFS and various other work units of UNHCR, including field offices, in clarifying financial systems and data issues.
- MSRP functionality and tools are utilized efficiently.
- Users at HQ and in the field are provided with technical support, as appropriate.
- Users at HQ and in the field are familiar with requirements and instructions relating to the month-end and year-end closing of accounts.
- Prepare and maintain monthly management reports, Country Financial Report, regular donor reports about expenditure against contribution and provides the expenditure tables for Global Report on annual basis, contribute to the preparation of the Financial Statement by providing the required data tables.
- Create and maintain customized public queries and nVision reports and develop new reports that helps the decision making of senior management, plus if required provide ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Create and maintain Chartfields, budget roles and system interface functions, prepare and validate individual donor reports.
- Provide guidance and technical support to users at HQ and in the field regarding donor reports, customized public queries and nVision reports, Chartfield creation and maintenance, and opening and closing of financial periods.
- Coordinate and control the opening and closing of accounting periods in MSRP.
- Disseminate the month-end close schedule every month and ensure that the schedule is followed by all units; communicate any delays to all affected parties.
- Contribute to proposals for training plans, and undertake field missions for training on MSRP.
- Participate in the month-end and year-end closure of UNHCR’s accounts.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Draft required reports.
- Propose improvements to accounting procedures and suggestions for system development.
- Propose improvements to reporting.
- Carry out training activities at HQ and in the field.
- Obtain from HQ and field offices any information necessary to carry out his/her responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of secondary education, together with training/certificate in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Minimum 11 years of previous job experience in the field of accounting or finance.
- Working experience with ERP Systems, such as PeopleSoft, Oracle or SAP.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
- Fluency in English, including strong drafting skills.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Managing performance.
- Managing resources.
- Analytical thinking.
- Planning and organizing.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good knowledge of United Nations financial rules and procedures.
- Good understanding of accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS).
- Exposure to humanitarian field operations and specific training/learning activities of UNHCR.
- Working knowledge in French.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Link megjelenítése (P11) and its Link megjelenítése, motivation letter and CV by e-mail with “LAST name – Senior Finance Associate (FSS) (10012761) position – CV Online” in the subject line to the email address below by 19 January 2016.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése