Az álláshirdetés lejárt.
Aktuális állást talál az aktív állásajánlatok között: új keresés indítása itt
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
TEMPORARY APPOINTMENT VACANCIES
Title of Position:
Category & Level:
Senior Finance Assistant (IP)
2 Temporary Assistance posts
Finance Control Section (IP Unit),
Budapest Global Service Centre
initially until 31 December 2012
11 June 2012
Reporting to the Controller’s Office, the Financial Control Section (FCS) is responsible for the management and control of finance and UNHCR accounts.
As part of the FCS, the Implementing Partner Unit (IP Unit) is mainly responsible for the following duties:
- Provide advice and support to Field Offices (FO) and HQ on the financial aspects of IPs, such as IP selection, unreconciled balances of payments made to IPs (X21 balances), Implementing Partner (IP) Audit Certification and IP agreement closure to ensure conformity with existing guidelines;
- Contribute to the maintenance of adequate internal financial controls as specified in the Financial Internal Control Framework;
- Monitor and report on the expenditure of IPs and ensure compliance with UN Financial Rules, UN System Accounting Standards (UNSAS) and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
- Monitor the recording of IP audit certificates in UNHCR’s ERP System (MSRP) and provide authoritative guidance on the same;
- Liaise with Auditors (Internal and External) and prepare responses to audit queries about financial aspects of IP project implementation;
- Recommend and formulate financial/accounting procedures and control in general and more specifically with regards to IPs; ensure conformity with UNHCR financial rules, UNSAS and IPSAS, which may require engagement in technical discussions regarding management of UNHCR funds by IPs.
To carry out these duties, the IP Unit is headed by an Assistant Finance Officer at the NOA level, who will be assisted by a Finance Associate at the GL-6 level and two Senior Finance Assistants at the GL-5 level.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of section, FCS/GSC Budapest, the Senior Finance Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Assistant Finance Officer (NOA) in carrying out her/his daily routine functions as follows:
- Provide financial management advice, guidance and support to FOs Desks and Divisions mainly in the following areas: recording of IP Financial Reports (IPFR), refunds, project closure and audit certification policies and procedures (with the exception of resolution of qualified audit opinions) and assist all parties with the correction of erroneous journals uploaded;
- Provide guidance to FOs when they encounter problems in the daily usage of MSRP and respond to Global Service Desk incidents in LanDESK, or assign incidents to appropriate staff as necessary;
- Participate in the development of User Productivity Kit (UPK) contents within area of responsibility;
- Contribute to proposals for training plans, undertake Field missions for training on MSRP, give presentations and/or on-the-job training to FO staff and submit mission reports within 3 days upon return from missions.
Control, monitor and record transactions
- Download data from MSRP and convert it into weekly and ad hoc reports that meet functional requirements;
- Maintain regular contact with Programme and Finance staff in FOs and various functional units at HQ;
- Monitor financial records regarding IP Agreements to ensure that installments and expenditures are recorded and unspent balances are reimbursed in a timely manner as per UNHCR financial rules and regulations;
- Record Non-PO year-end commitments under IP Agreements, follow up on subsequent disbursements and cancellation of unliquidated amounts for PO and non-PO commitments in coordination with FOs;
- Ensure that FOs comply with the year-end closing timetable with regards to the financial management of IPs;
- Provide Bureaux and Senior Management with status reports regarding IP Audit Certification compliance.
- Periodically review and update accounting entries and related guidelines. Asses their impact on various MSRP queries/reports and UNHCR Financial Statements and give feedback to the Assistant Finance Officer, NOA;
- Assist the Assistant Finance Officer with the preparation of responses to UN Internal and External Audit observations;
- Provide input to the Assistant Finance Officer for preparing work plans and Performance Management Appraisal System (PAMS) objectives.
Assume any other responsibilities deemed necessary or as delegated by the Chief of Finance in order to meet the level of the services required from the FCS by the Organization.
Completion of secondary education with post-secondary courses/training/diploma in Accounting, or Business or Public Administration, Commerce, Finance or other related fields.
Minimum 6 years (for secondary education holder) or 4 years (for certificate/training holder) of experience in accounting and/or in financial management in an international, decentralized and/or multinational environment OR minimum 6 years of job experience in the area of finance and/or accountancy with exposure to diverse accounting standards and to finance industry best practices. Of those 6 years, at least 3 years should be in a capacity directly relevant to current functions.
Excellent knowledge of French (written/oral/comprehension) and good working knowledge of English are required.
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service-oriented manner in a demanding work environment that often has short deadlines;
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office applications and ERP Systems;
- Good analytical skills and ability to think creatively to find rapid solutions;
- Ability to produce high quality output with desirable results;
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal skills to deal with staff members of different cultural and educational backgrounds;
- Strive to live up to high ethical and professional standards;
- An outgoing personality and a team player with a service-oriented attitude;
- Experience using PeopleSoft accounting software;
- Exposure to humanitarian field operations and specific training/learning activities of UNHCR.
Candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of Applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your motivation letter and personal history form (P11), by email with “Application for the Senior Finance Assistant (IP) TA position” in the subject line to: HQBSCAPC@unhcr.org by 11 June May 2012.
The Personal History Form (P11) is available at the following link: http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
Salary scales are available at http://www.un.org/depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salary.htm
|Pénzügy / Számvitel / Kontrolling|