UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position:
Senior Finance Assistant (Financial Support)
Position Number: 10019561
Category & Level: General Service, G-5
Location: Accounts and Financial Services (AFS) Global Service Centre, Budapest
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: initially for a period of one year
Closing Date: 30 November 2015
The Senior Finance Assistant is part of the Financial Support Systems and Reporting Unit in the Financial Support Systems and Reporting Section of the newly restructured Accounts and Financial Service (AFS, formerly Financial Control Section). He/she provides technical support to users of the MSRP financial modules to improve financial reporting as well as support and control of the field in respect of financial management.
The incumbent functions under direct supervision of the Senior Finance Officer who provides regular guidance and advice.
- Functionality and tools of UNHCR’s ERP system (MSRP) are utilized efficiently.
- Users of MSRP financial modules are knowledgeable about the system.
- The Budget Control Plan and Spending Authority are updated in the EPM system on a daily basis.
- Perform approved Budget Control Plan updates in MSRP on a daily basis.
- Update the Spending Authority on a daily basis in the Finance/Supply Chain modules in the EPM system.
- Ensure that treasury accounting to the General Ledger is appropriate.
- Create a monthly analysis of bank reconciliations.
- Maintain key set-up elements of the Finance/Supply Chain modules in MSRP, such as Exchange Rates, Chartfields, Trees, Journal Source Codes.
- Identify trends or data that require follow-up with field operations.
- Provide technical and functional support users at HQ and in the field of MSRP financial modules.
- Extract information from MSRP to support financial reporting.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Recommend corrections based on the monthly analysis of bank reconciliations.
- Obtain appropriate access rights to MSRP financial modules.
- Obtain from HQ and field offices any information necessary to carry out his/her responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Secondary education, together with training/certificate in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Minimum five years of previous job experience in the field of accounting or finance.
- Working experience with ERP financial modules, such as PeopleSoft, Oracle or SAP.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English, including strong drafting skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Technological awareness.
- Planning and organizing.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good knowledge of United Nations financial rules and procedures.
- Good understanding of accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS).
- Working knowledge in French.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Link megjelenítése (P11) and its Link megjelenítése, motivation letter and CV by e-mail with “LAST name – Senior Finance Assistant (Financial Support) (10019561) position – CV Online” in the subject line to the following e-mail address by 30 November 2015.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése