UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
|Title of Position:
||Senior Finance Assistant (AP/AR)|
|Category & Level:
||General Service, G-5|
|Location:||Accounts and Financial Service (AFS)
Global Service Centre, Budapest
|Duration:||initially for a period of one year|
|Closing Date:||12 April 2015|
The Senior Finance Assistant is part of the AP/AR Unit in the Accounts Section of the newly restructured Accounts and Financial Service (formerly Financial Control Section). He/she provides technical support with the processing of financial transactions, and monitors compliance with applicable financial regulations and rules.
- Transactions are accurately and completely processed.
- Users at HQ and in the field are provided with technical support, as appropriate.
- Carry out assigned regular transactions and processes basic to the work of the unit.
- Monitor compliance by users at HQ and in the field with relevant financial rules and procedures.
- Assist with the month-end and year-end closure of accounts and audit issues.
- Provide technical support to users at HQ and in the field, and participate in field missions as requested.
- Identify possibilities for improving processes and field support.
- Act as back-up to other staff members in the Unit.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Recommend ways to improve cooperation between the Unit and users at HQ and in the field.
- Propose instructions for the month-end and year-end closure of accounts.
- Propose responses to audit queries.
- Obtain from HQ and field offices any information necessary to carry out his/her responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Secondary education, together with training/certificate in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Minimum five years of previous job experience in the field of accounting or finance.
- Working experience with ERP financial modules, such as PeopleSoft, Oracle or SAP.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English, including strong drafting skills.
- Judgment and Decision Making.
- Analytical thinking.
- Technological Awareness.
- Planning and Organizing skills.
DESIREABLE QUALIFIACTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Good knowledge of United Nations financial rules and procedures.
- Good understanding of accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS).
- Working knowledge of French.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of Applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Link megjelenítése (P11) and its Link megjelenítése, motivation letter and CV by e-mail with “LAST name –Sen. Finance Assistant (AP/AR) (100142768)position” in the subject line to the email address below by 12 April 2015.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése