UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Senior Finance Assistant (AP/AR)
Position Number: 10019562
Category & Level: General Service, G-5
Location: Accounts and Financial Service (AFS)
Global Service Centre, Budapest
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: initially for a period of one year
Closing date is 19 March 2014
The Senior Finance Assistant is part of the Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Unit in the Accounts Section of the Accounts and Financial Service. He/she:
- Processes financial transactions
(Could include: entry of invoices, validation of vendor data, technical approval of vouchers, running of pay cycles, application of incoming payments against accounts receivable etc.),
- Monitors compliance by other UNHCR Offices with applicable financial regulations and rules.
- Transactions are accurately and completely processed.
- Users at HQ and in the field are provided with technical support, as appropriate.
- Carry out assigned regular transactions and processes basic to the work of the unit.
- Monitor compliance by users at HQ and in the field with relevant financial rules and procedures.
- Assist with the month-end and year-end closure of accounts and audit issues.
- Provide technical support to users at HQ and in the field, and participate in field missions as requested.
- Identify possibilities for improving processes and field support.
- Act as back-up to other staff members in the Unit.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Recommend ways to improve cooperation between the Unit and users at HQ and in the field.
- Propose instructions for the month-end and year-end closure of accounts.
- Propose responses to audit queries.
- Obtain from HQ and field offices any information necessary to carry out his/her responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Secondary education, together with training/certificate in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Minimum five years of previous job experience in the field of accounting or finance.
- Working experience with ERP financial modules, such as PeopleSoft, Oracle or SAP.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English, including strong drafting skills.
- Judgment and Decision Making.
- Analytical thinking.
- Technological Awareness.
- Planning and Organizing skills.
DESIREABLE QUALIFIACTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Good knowledge of United Nations financial rules and procedures.
- Good understanding of accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS).
- Working knowledge of French.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of Applications
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation, CV and P11 form by e-mail with “Your LAST name - Application for the Senior Finance Assistant (AP/AR (10019562) position” in the subject line to the email address below by 16 March 2014.
The Personal History Form (P11) is available at the following link: Link megjelenítése
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése