UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
TEMPORARY APPOINTMENT VACANCY
Title of Position: Senior Finance Assistant (AP/AR)
Position Number: Temporary Assistance position
Category & Level: General Service, G-5
Location: Accounts and Finance Services (AFS)
Global Service Centre, Budapest
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: initially for 3 months
Closing Date: 5 March 2014
Reporting to the Controller’s Office, the AFS is responsible for the management and control of finance and UNHCR accounts. As part of the AFS the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable (AP/AR) Unit is mainly responsible for the following duties:
- Provide financial advice and support to Field Offices (FO) and Headquarters (HQ) mainly in the following areas: Vendor creation, approval and maintenance, Non-Purchase Order (PO) and PO Voucher workflow, processing HQ payments, recognizing Contributions Revenues and recording Accounts Receivable and month-end and year-end closure of UNHCR accounts.
- Ensure the integrity and smooth functioning of the AP/AR workflow and processes.
- Actively participate in the preparation of the statutory annual financial statement of accounts for certification by the Board of External Auditors and for the Executive Committee. Liaise with Auditors (Internal and External) and develop responses to audit queries with regard to UNHCR accounting procedures and policies.
- Control/Monitor financial transactions in order to ensure that they are in conformity with UNHCR Rules and Procedures,) and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
- Recommend and formulate financial/accounting policies and procedures in line with UNHCR financial rules, and IPSAS, including income recording; this may require engagement in technical discussions regarding maintenance of UNHCR accounts, including with the UN Secretariat and other UN agencies.
- Implement procedures for financial management and control; this requires maintaining adequate internal financial controls as per Financial Internal Control Framework and approving the Delegation of Authority Plans (DOAPs) submitted by FOs.
- Monitor compliance by UNHCR Field office with financial procedures
- Routine Accounts tasks, including the preparation of Purchase Order vouchers and technical approval of non-PO vouchers,
- Updating of Vendor Data
- Review and approve Delegation of Authority Plans (DOAPs) for all Business Units and forward approved DOAPs to MSRP Security for implementation.
- Running centralised pay cycles
- Participate in the month-end and year-end closure of UNHCR accounts.
- Any other tasks as required by the Head of Unit or Chief of AFS
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Secondary education, together with training/certificate in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Minimum five years of previous job experience in the field of accounting or finance.
- Working experience with ERP financial modules, such as PeopleSoft, Oracle or SAP.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English, including strong drafting skills.
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Analytical thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing skills
DESIREABLE QUALIFIACTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Good knowledge of United Nations financial rules and procedures.
- Good understanding of accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS).
- Working knowledge of French.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of Applications
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation, resume and P11 form by e-mail with “Your LAST name - Application for the Senior Finance Assistant (AP/AR)-(TA) position” in the subject line to the email address below by 5 March 2014.
Potential candidates will be required to pass a finance/accounting test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése