For fulfilling the position
Senior Data Analytics Expert
we are looking for colleagues
Alcoa has exciting new opportunities for its brand new Data Analytics Group within the Global Procurement Center of Excellence based in Székesfehérvár, Hungary. The company is committed to long term career development and also provides an extensive professional induction program at the Corporate Headquarters in the USA. Would you like to be part of this fast paced and rapidly growing team where work equals fun?
How your typical day would go
- Apply your talent and expertise in turning raw data into information and insights – then share it with your team and stakeholders!
- Talk to business users about their information needs and understand their objectives – but also tell them if you have a better idea!
- Liaise with your Technology counterpartners how to source the data needed from the Global Datawarehouse.
- Get an OLAP or Hybrid cube created to address the reporting requirements – then validate to see if they do what it says on the tin.
- Use your skills to pinpoint data errors and inconsistencies in our systems. Is there a way to automatically detect these issues? Tell us how! Can you drive governance process to stop errors reappearing? Even better!
- If you find a better way to automate and streamline report development and production using your imagination, then don’t hold back – your way will be our new way.
- Read and interpret various data models and not get upset if they are not organized in a standard Entity Relationship diagram.
We will like you if
- You have an intriguing mind and engaging personality. Lost with all these catchphrases? Being a nice person will also do.
- You love sharing and helping others; not afraid to speak up and present yourself in either a business or a technical environment.
- You take the initiative navigating yourself through a maze of organizations and systems. Getting lost? Your boss is always there for you!
- You enjoy working in a global organization and interact with your partners from all over the world. Or even visit them occasionally. And yes, you can tell your friends, it was just a vacation.
- You have trained yourself to be an expert user and developer in MS SQL Business Intelligent suite (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, PowerPivot, SharePoint, etc.). Or any other mainstream BI suite will do, if you are a keen learner and quick study.
- You believe all the world’s literature should have been written in SQL.
- You agree that despite all the BI professionals’ best effort, most data will end up in an Excel sheet and don’t mind getting your hands dirty – very dirty actually.
We will appreciate your services by providing
- Outstanding salary and generous benefits package.
- Choice of Samsung Galaxy or iPhone and a nice Lenovo Thinkpad.
- Flexible hours, friendly environment with a lot of company sponsored social activity.
- Above average reimbursements if you commute by car.
- Global exposure in your job, yet situated in family-like surrounding.
Where we (and you) are
Székesfehárvár, just a 45 minutes drive from Budapest without speeding on the Highway. (and please, don’t speed!)