Senior Category Manager - London
The Senior Category Manager will be responsible for delivering the online strategy and to drive sales and margin performance for a key category within the business.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Head of Category Manager and Central Buying office to set a strategic vision for the category to drive growth that is aligned with the company vision.
- Set sales and margin targets by brand and product category that are aligned with the Central Buying Office (CBO) plans.
- Ensure that the stock allocation plan (mixes, sizing and depth of stock) will sustain the required sales and growth.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to cover seasonal and weekly planning and in-season trading.
- Communicate agreed targets, KPIs, and guiding principles to teams - both CBO and external brand partners.
- Identify opportunities for on line range and brand expansion.
- Revisit and renegotiate commercial terms (commission rate) where necessary.
- Working with the website and buying office teams, develop the onsite content strategy for messaging, campaigns and features for the category.
- Manage a shared planning calendar to ensure resources are scheduled to deliver all initiatives right first time and in line with the agreed timeframe.
- Maintain close external brand relationships sharing performance data as appropriate and maximising the brand range and stock depth.
- Ensure that the marketing plans for each hero brand are understood and that all our digital messaging supports their key initiatives appropriately.
- Contribute to the data governance board for additions of changes to the standard product information.
- Understand the competitive marketplace for the category - across each performance criteria - range and assortment, product information, trend guides, photography etc.
- In season trading
- Take responsibility for the sales and margin performance vs. targets.
- Understand the key drivers for over/underperformance and agree actions to address areas of underperformance of the category
- Work with the marketing team to understand variations in the flow of traffic and to make adjustments as necessary to address referrer volume.
- Regularly Review KPIs - out of stocks, average transaction value, items per order, unoptimised search terms, items/pages with high page views but zero/low conversion etc - to identify issues and areas for improvement.
- Discuss with CBO/website team and agree action plans to address.
- Manage online pricing and promotions, and ensure that online prices always match those in store and are aligned with prices of our partners and competitors.
- Managing concession relationships in season, ensuring that stock packages are maximised, product data is delivered according the agreed processes and marketing activities are communicated and supported internally
- Ensure editorial briefs and launch plans are delivered on time and have the agreed stakeholder's approval.
- Own all aspects of stock management for the category, ensuring planned stock levels are delivered, communicated and maintained by the CBO teams and met by concession partners.
- Manage minimum credible offer plans and compliance to range width guidelines.
- Ensure HOF stock files and Concession stock files are consistent.
- Liaise with National Distribution Centre (NDC) to ensure deliveries of stock to the Ecommerce Distribution Centre (EDC) are managed and maintained.
- Organise and undertake regular reviews with NDC and EDC.
- Responsible for managing the SKU count within the EDC.
- Ensure concession returns that cannot go back into stock are processed back to the concessions regularly and that the integrity of the stock files is maintained.
- Ensure that end of season concession stock is collected in a timely manner.
Product Information and Content Management:
- Ensure a best in class merchandising experience for our customer by ensuring clear organisation and categorisation of product on line to Maximise sales.
- Ensure that Product Information Perfection (PIP) is delivered across all individual products displayed on the web - both for
- Own Bought product and Concessions product: Product titles are consistent with the format as defined by the Data Governance Board
- Attributes, both customer facing and hidden, are consistent with the framework as defined by the Data Governance Board and are accurate
- Each product has a long description highlighting key features and key SEO keywords (as defined by the SEO strategy)
- Product imagery is of the required format and to the agreed standard.
- Influence change to improve compliance to House of Fraser guidelines and speed to market.
- Manage the image capture process with the NDC and Photo Studio to deliver the PIP.
- Deliver content sections and pages that drive customer engagement and support conversion.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure to agree marketing activity to support the category revenue growth.
- Ensure all new product launches are communicated to the marketing team in advance of stock arriving
- Propose and sign off products to be featured in emails.
- Recruit train and retain and manage a high calibre category team (where applicable); Junior Category Managers (JCM), Assistant Category Managers (ACM), Category Executives (CE), Junior Editors (JE) & Editorial Assistants (EA), Insight Analysts (IA) & Insight Executives (IE) to support the team objectives.
- Ownership of the career development of direct reports.
- Inspirational leadership style to deliver consistent customer service and KPI achievement, coaching the team to maximise potential and improve skills.
- Leading by example and always prepared to own the extra mile.
- Bringing the best out of the team as more than a collection of individuals.
- Ownership of career development of direct reports, including the management of underperformance where necessary.
- Management of key internal stakeholders in the central buying office through effective planning, organisation and communication.
- Management of external partner relationships via regular meetings and updates.
- Setting a framework of excellence and a work ethic focussed on delivery and right first time.
- Keeps fully informed of developments in their business to maximise results, and instils commercial acumen among their team.
- An active and effective contributor to the trading team, contributing to the overall strategy of the ecommerce division and able to step up to represent Head of Category Management if required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience of managing complex products in an online environment
- Knowledge of the drivers of online performance - traffic, conversion, AOV, margin - and the mechanisms to influence them
- Understand the balance required to drive a commercial customer experience online, whilst ensuring that messaging and focus is engaging and relevant to the target customer.
- Strong leadership skills with extensive people management skills
- Keen attention to detail with an analytical approach to decision making
- Passionate about customer service
- Excellent communication and relationship manager
- Excellent co-ordination and organisation
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Dynamic in manner and approach to problem solving
Key Behaviours Required:
- Is proactive in planning to achieve targets and objectives which deliver profitable outcomes
- Continuously and proactively improves the quality of service we deliver to all our customers, external, internal and business partners
- Willingly takes the initiative and consistently does more than is required.
- Respects individual's views and positively contributes to a learning environment in which individuals are supported and encouraged to excel
- Continually asks what more could it be and inspires others to do likewise
- Behaving consistently and with integrity at all times, realising everyone's potential to get the best possible result and live the values
- Provides vision and clear direction to inspire individuals and engages the team to deliver excellence
- Participate in projects or carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit that will benefit the company
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of House Of Fraser business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change
Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />