Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is looking for a number of Spanish speaking Senior AP Accountants, who will be based in Debrecen, Hungary, as part of our new EU Shared Service Center for our $4.5B global U.S.-based company.
As part of our long-term vision for the Flowserve Shared Service model, the Debrecen facility may potentially accommodate up to 400 employees over the next 3-5 years. This center will serve the North American and EMEA regions. Scope of work of the center will be Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, Record to Report and other functions. The Accounts payable group is expected to grow to around 100 people.
- Bachelor's Degree required, finance degree or Business degree preferred
- 5 plus years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Prior knowledge of accounts payable.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures a plus.
- Experience using Payables software.
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships with partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English is essential.
- Strong bias for action and ability to proactively recognize and resolve issues.
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Sort, code and match invoices
- Process vendor invoices up for payment
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare reconciliation and analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors procurement and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month end closing