Our client is a global technology leader in power management and energy-efficient solutions that help customers effectively, safely and sustainably manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. The company sells products and services to customers in more than 175 countries.
The hiring company is setting up a new Business Service Center in Budapest supporting different business units all across Europe. We are now looking for experienced candidate for a senior Accountant role.
The primary function of this role is to assist the Country Controller in ensuring its many & varied obligations are met, driving to improve & standardise Country accounting processes both corporate and business operations.
- The role provides financial leadership on statutory accounting/audits, corporation income tax and indirect tax accounting for the countries. The incumbent supports end to end process improvements projects, working with other process stakeholders to improve process efficiency, effectiveness and internal control and is a proactive business partner to Operations, enabling the Operations Finance team to focus on business issues.
- This function will closely operate with various Corporate Departments (Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Legal, others), WHQ Global Financial Accounting teams, the International Shared Service Centres (ISSC), and Operating divisions in Country. Acts as a liaison with the Shared Service Centre and the ledgers in the country to ensure Oracle or SAP implementation and possible migration of transaction activities to the ISSC.
- Supports the Country Controller in ensuring all goals and targets associated with internal controls, internal auditing, external audit, statutory reporting and financial advice are met. Responsible for ensuring compliance with Corporate Policy and legal requirements; functions as an agent of change to improve systems and procedures. This position is responsible for successful liaison among internal audit, WHQ/EHQ accounting, treasury, tax, legal and operations on matters involving both U.S. reporting and the differing local statutory accounting and tax compliance requirements.
- College or university degree in finance/accounting
- 5-7 years of financial experience
- Experience in finance/ accounting and auditing within a multinational (manufacturing) environment
- Knowledge of US GAAP; exposure to Sarbanes Oxley
- Knowledge of SAP - ORACLE
- Excellent knowledge of UK and/or Irish statutory reporting requirements
- Sound practical knowledge of corporate income tax /indirect taxes (FAS 109)
- Experience of best practice implementation/end to end process improvement in accounting & reporting
- Able to work as part of a team, adhere to company standard processes, practices & policies
- Strong professional presence
- Developed leadership skills; experience in deploying strategic change and building organizational capability
- Excellent working knowledge of English
- Effective communication skill essential
- Demonstrable continued personal development in both technical and behavioral areas
- Ability to operate and deliver independently without day to day supervision
Apply directly to Zsuzsanna Szabó , Recruitment Consultant, for a short pressure free and confidential discussion on this role or other opportunities.
Tel: +36 1 8833 507
E-mail: E-mail cím megjelenítése
Web page: Link megjelenítése