Scientist, Protein Production and Characterization
MISSION STATEMENT: To create a better world through BetterDNA™.
We are seeking a highly motivated and committed individual with a strong understanding of protein engineering and extensive experience in molecular biology and protein expression techniques to support the development of antibody fragments (scFvs etc) for our chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) programs. He or she will design, oversee, and carry out critical antibody and target protein engineering independently and in collaboration with other teams including, development. The successful candidate will use his/her expertise in molecular biology and protein characterization and modeling to design, generate and evaluate scFv/CAR constructs in a gene delivery systems. The ideal scientist will be a scientific leader and drive innovation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a thought leader for the discovery and expression of novel antibody fragments.
- Be a creative team member who can formulate and execute critical proof of concept studies.
- Design and manage all protein engineering activities, including construct synthesis, cloning, and expression.
- Generate and QC antibody/scFv and other molecular constructs for expression in mammalian and bacterial hosts.
- Express and produce scFv fragments or protein antigens on a small (up to 1 L) scale for internal evaluation using transient and stable transfections in various host cell systems.
- Characterize antibody fragments and antigen proteins including expression levels, specificity and affinity using biochemical (e.g. SDS-PAGE, western, ELISA) and cell biology tools.
- The candidate will be responsible for data analysis, thorough documentation of the work, and clear communication of results in group settings.
- Additional responsibilities include developing innovative technologies to support the molecular cloning and expression groups, generating relevant data for company presentations, scientific publications, patent applications, or regulatory submissions.
- Utilization of appropriate technology, i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, and other programs to create and distribute reports and key information.
- Supervise research associates.
- Manage timelines and deliverables.
- Develop reports for various projects.
- 1 - 3 Research Associates
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or a related field with more than seven (7) years of experience and a record of accomplishments preferably in an industrial setting.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate work, but also a “hands-on” leader who can support all areas of antibody fragment discovery.
- Strong knowledge of expression construct design and expression strategies for broad classes of proteins, monoclonal antibodies.
- Outstanding skills in critical thinking, laboratory experimentation and analysis. Good understanding of protein folding, protein assembly and protein engineering processes in both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells is essential.
- Track record of scientific contributions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced team oriented environment.
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES
- Ability to understand and execute on the company’s mission and values.
- Maintain a high degree of ethical standard and trustworthiness.
- Capable of fostering change in an organization.
- Deals with conflict in a direct, positive manner.
- Ability to think and adapt to a rapidly changing environment and demands.
- Able to reach rational conclusions through complex processing of information.
- Fosters innovation through creative solutions.
- Effective organization and implementation of group projects.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Energized by accomplishments and excellence in the workplace.
- Capable of high performance in independent work as well as in team setting.
Place of work: Budapest, Hungary
To apply for this position, please send your CV with References to Dora Csordas along with a cover letter including highlights from your academic/industrial experience corresponding to the above requirements.
For more information on INTREXON, please visit Link megjelenítése