Scientist, Immunology, CAR T Cell Biology
MISSION STATEMENT: To create a better world through BetterDNA™.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Scientist, with experience in T cell biology and chimeric antigen receptor generation (CARs) and CAR T cell analysis to join Intrexon’s Immuno-Oncology Department in Budapest, Hungary. Immuno-Oncology is a rapidly growing and exciting area of cancer therapy, with the promise to revolutionize the way patients are treated. This position will report to the VP of Immunology to assist in the development of various therapeutic modalities for the treatment of patients with cancer. The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of T cell biology and immunotherapy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise research associates.
- Manage timelines and deliverables.
- Develop reports for various projects.
- Employ strategies for cloning T cell receptors and genetic modification of human T cells with TCRs and CARs specific for antigens expressed by malignancies.
- Setup the evaluation strategy using in vitro studies with human T cells and in vivo murine models to test novel adoptive T cell therapies.
- Perform correlative studies to evaluate the transfer, persistence and function of antigen-specific T cells in human clinical trials of adoptive T cell immunotherapy.
- May also participate in the laboratory evaluation of clinical trials involving engineering of peripheral blood stem cell grafts for improved allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation outcomes, and in the development of future immunotherapy strategies
- Clear communication in both oral and written form.
- Utilization of appropriate technology, i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, and other programs to create and distribute reports and key information.
- Coordination of parallel tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization.
- Interpret and effectively execute upon a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
- Self motivated and independently minded.
- Positive interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals from a variety of levels and function.
- Self-organizer, meticulous hands-on habits, keen attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Responsive, can-do attitude.
- 1 - 3 Research Associates
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. in Immunology.
- Five (5) or more years post doctoral experience, industry experience a plus.
- Direct hands on experience with generating and analyzing chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells
- In-depth understanding of:
- TCR mediated signaling and antigen presentation and recognition
- Inhibitory and co-stimulatory molecules and their associated signal transduction pathways
- T cell subsets and surface markers - Teff, Tmem, Treg Th1, Th2 etc.
- Demonstrated experience in the following techniques.
- PCR, cloning, vector design and Westerns, as well as, flow cytometry, ELISPOT, target cell killing assays, cloning, vector design and cell culture.
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES
- Ability to understand and execute on the company’s mission and values.
- Maintain a high degree of ethical standard and trustworthiness.
- Capable of fostering change in an organization.
- Deals with conflict in a direct, positive manner.
- Ability to think and adapt to a rapidly changing environment and demands.
- Able to reach rational conclusions through complex processing of information.
- Fosters innovation through creative solutions.
- Effective organization and implementation of group projects.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Energized by accomplishments and excellence in the workplace.
- Capable of high performance in independent work as well as in team setting.
Place of work: Budapest, Hungary
To apply for this position, please send your CV with References to Dora Csordas along with a cover letter including highlights from your academic/industrial experience corresponding to the above requirements.
For more information on INTREXON, please visit Link megjelenítése