School Meals Supervisory Assistant - Sussex, Hastings, TN34 3JT
Chartwells is the leading foodservice provider to over 2500 primary and secondary schools throughout the UK. As part of Compass Group, the largest foodservice organisation in the world, Chartwells prides itself on providing great food and great served to our discerning young customers.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Supporting the management of all aspects of the kitchen including ensuring the very highest food quality and presentation to Company Standards. Ensuring all legislative requirements are fulfilled and financial controls are maintained.
- Achieve and maintain budgeted food cost, taking instructions and advice when necessary. Assist with daily menu and ensuring all areas of the kitchen are covered.
- Carries out weekly stock-take and food rotation procedures, ordering of stock.
- Allocates duties to Unit Staff and supervises their work, giving instruction and advice when necessary.
- Ensures that dishes are produced to the required standards of quality, quantity and presentation before serving.
- Complies with Statutory and Company regulations concerning the hygiene and safety of staff, food and equipment.
- Maintains records relating to food production activities and supplies information as required by the Unit Manager/Group Manager
- As and when required by the Group Manager , carries out additional task concerned with the operation of the Unit.
- Assists in the preparation and cooking of food for special functions and 'special days'.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are communicated to the team and adhered to including health and safety.
- To ensure that any local agreements are honoured.
Key Result Areas
- Employee Satisfaction
- Labour Turnover / first 90 day retention
- Customer and Client Satisfaction
- Contract Retention
- Brand Implementation Volumes
- Contract Profit growth
- Contract Sales growth
- At least 12 months of assistant or supervisory experience in similar environment
- Good secondary education with practical attainments. Further education qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- Computer literate
It is Chartwells intention that this job description is seen as a guide to the key areas
and duties for which the school Cook is accountable.
However, the business will change, and the jobholder's obligations are bound to vary
and develop, so the job description should be seen as a guide and not as a definitive
statement.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />