National Grid is at the heart of energy in the UK. The electricity we provide gets the nation to work, powers schools and lights everyone's way home. Our energy network connects the nation, so it's essential that it's continually evolving, advancing and improving. That's why we need the very best people to join the team. And that's why we're talking to you.
About the role
This exciting role is in a team that is responsible for the maintenance of all data associated with National Grid's extensive transmission network infrastructure. With over 250,000 physical assets it is essential that data is recorded accurately in core systems as this data underpins many of the business functions and investment decisions in National Grid.
With an annual capital plan of circa £2bn frequent asset register updates are required to ensure alignment with the current 'as built' network infrastructure.
- Maintain National Grid's electricity physical asset data in core systems following major infrastructure investment projects.
- Develop and implement strategies, policies, procedures and specifications associated with the production, retention and management of asset records to ensure compliance with all relevant statutory obligations and business requirements
- Establish monitoring and reporting processes on user compliance in respect of company policies & procedures and the use of systems related to the production, retention and management of asset records
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders, internal and external, including training on the requirements for data and information associated with National Grid's intensive capital investment program.
- Develop improved data collection processes and identify system improvements for handling asset data and information to be used across all business streams including technical data, training and documentation requirements
- As a senior team member, provide supervision and coaching to other team members and act as deputy for the Team Leader when required.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of and experience in the extraction and manipulation of data from core systems
- Knowledge of and experience in querying large databases
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Knowledge of and experience in querying databases using Structured Querying Language (SQL)
- Advanced level user of MS Access, Excel and ability to code in VBA
- Knowledge and understanding of business critical systems, data structures and system linkages
- Awareness of fixed asset accounting and the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley
- Knowledge of the assets that make up the electricity transmission systems.
- Experience of governance, process controls and workflow for data related activities
- Proven ability to contribute to effective team working
The successful applicant will be comfortable working with large and diverse data sets with a view to providing information and guidance to defined timescales. A good understanding of data structures and hierarchies is essential to be able to effectively create reports and respond to ad hoc queries.
With conflicting deliverables good prioritisation and time management skills will be required to meet stakeholder expectations.
HNC or HND level qualification or equivalent in engineering, business or an IS related discipline.
No direct reports
Key business skills:
Customer Focus, Process Excellence & Project Management
Who we are
At National Grid, we don't just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. This is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow. Link megjelenítése
" width="0" height="0" />