HP is the world’s largest provider of infomartion, technology infrastructure, software, services and solution to individuals and organizations of all sizes. HP is committed to the development of each of its employees, equipping you with all the skills for an international career. We concentrate on both ‘soft’ and technical skills, placing heavy emphasis on 'on the job' learning as well as formal instruction. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
SAP BASIS Consultant
Location: Hungary, Debrecen Job number: 1201794
HP is a leading IT comprehensive outsourcing services provider empowering businesses to plan, manage and maintain their integrated, ultra-high availability, and secure operations. Advancing to meet the demands of its Fortune 500 clients in the financial, retail, transportation, and manufacturing industries, HP offers IT infrastructure management, application hosting, e-services, and m-commerce operations.
The main focus of SAP Operations Europe is the management and implementation of system landscapes running SAP products as business solutions. These are SAP R/3 and all other products within the mySAP distribution channel (e.g.: business warehousing, E-business solutions, ..) and the management of surrounding technologies related to the business application itself (e.g.: Databases; EDI solutions; Archiving Solutions).
- Provide the technical expertise and support for all production, test and development environments for critical SAP systems, including SAP ECC, BW, CRM and other SAP component systems.
- Perform duties of SAP Basis Administrator including, SAP installs, SAP upgrade, system copies, change management, ongoing administration, support pack assessment and implementation, performance monitoring and tuning, and SAP printing.
- Ensure that SAP application issues are addressed in accordance with the business priorities.
- Perform duties of system administrator in a Unix Server environment. Perform duties of database administration (Oracle).
- Participate with team in designing and maintaining a global systems landscape architecture to support all mission critical systems, including disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Perform ongoing monitoring and review as required by Sarbanes-Oxley. Liaison with Internal and External audit to assure Basis compliance with audit requirements.
- Engage in continuous learning, to ensure that the Basis team remains current with SAP and supporting technologies.
- In-depth SAP Basis experience required (4 years or more)
- SAP Basis administration ABAP/JAVA
- ORACLE database administration
- SAP implementation and upgrade projects
- Unix operating system knowledge: AIX, Linux, SUN Solaris
- Solid SAP Business Warehouse, CRM and/or Java experience preferred
- In-depth working knowledge of SAP R3, and SAP Security best practices
- Ability to correctly estimate work requirements, and to implement system landscape changes within the SAP environment
- Strong team player
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff, management and executives
- Strong learning and mentoring skills
- Fluency in English (both written and oral with technical vocabulary)
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to collaborate and work in teams — even in virtual teams with members working together from different locations.
- SAP Technical Consultant Certification
- Experience in SAP PI, EP
What we offer
- Opportunity to join a successful, dynamic, multinational company
- Continuous development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package
- Sport Card (daily sport possibility at numerous sport centers)
Explore our other open positions and apply online with reference to Job number: 1201794