Research Associate, Molecular Biology - Microbiology
Intrexon provides comprehensive synthetic biology solutions. We are focused on collaborating with companies in Health, Food, Energy, Environment, and Consumer Sectors to create biologically based products and processes that improve the quality of life and health of the planet. Through an integrated suite of proprietary tools, Intrexon enables our collaborators to rapidly and reliably iterate through each critical stage of development including design, build, test, and learn to quickly arrive at optimal biological solutions with real-world value.
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Job Type: Full Time
Education: MSc Degree
Experience: 3+ Years in Molecular Biology/Microbiology
Based in Budapest, Hungary, the Research Associate plays a key role within Intrexon’s Industrial Products Division, responsible for providing scientific support and active lab work in the molecular and cellular engineering team for the development and validation of yeast based bioprocesses. The Research Associate will work within the molecular and cellular engineering team to develop yeast strains for industrial applications using classical and molecular biology methods.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the Development, implementation of molecular and classical genetic tools for yeast strain improvement for industrial applications, responsible for the execution of the laboratory work.
- Participates in multidisciplinary project team work in collaboration with other unit members and units to achieve unit and department goals
- Responsible for a specific research tasks, developing and coordinating the plans on her/his research tasks
- Responsible for managing and carrying out the practical work including lab organization, housekeeping and maintenance activities
- Maintains timely documentation of laboratory work, record and analyze data, report results in both written and oral format
- Pay attention to detail, strictly adhere to safety protocols, and use knowledge of laboratory procedures to advance projects under rapidly shifting priorities and timelines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MSc in Biology or related fields
- 3+ years of Molecular Biology/Microbiology experience with a proven track record of accomplishments, preferably in the bio-industrial, pharmaceutical, chemical industries, or life sciences
- Demonstrated scientific expertise and laboratory experience in molecular biology and/or classical strain improvement methods
- Experienced in reviewing literature, creating research protocols and validating experimental protocols
- Written and oral communication level of English is a must
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES
- Well organized and capable of clear communication
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to think and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Capable of high performance in independent work as well as in team setting
- Able to reach rational conclusions through complex processing of information
- Supports innovation through creative solutions
- Multitasking, run several projects simultaneously
For immediate consideration please email your English CV to Dora Csordas to the email address below.