American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization serving customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer.
AIG has established one of its Global Finance Centres in Budapest in 2012, providing high value, complex services to over 20 countries in EMEA and its European flagship company AIG Europe Limited, located in London.
We are present in the Hungarian marketplace for over 25 years and we have been awarded the Superbrands© title recently.
AIG Europe Limited Branch Office in Hungary
is currently looking for a passionate finance professional to join our Finance Centre as a
Reporting Management Accountant
- Ensure Reporting Teams execute tasks and activities in line with the reporting timetable /calendar
- Carry out regular closing activities such as reconciliations, data uploads, etc.
- Liaise with other finance teams in order to gather information on the status of closing activities
- Coordinate the end to end GL, BS, P&L and Supplementary filling processes between the Local, Finance Centre and Regional Teams
- Prepare month and quarter-end consolidated closing reports
- Organize and host meetings with finance process owners regarding close related issues
- Escalate issues/blockers to enable remediation action to be taken to bring activities back in line with the reporting timetable or flag immediately to key stakeholder if delays are likely to occur
- Support the preparation, monitoring and follow-up of the quarterly Finance KPIs and organize after action review meetings
- Execute the system (e.g. SharePoint) quality review and follow up to resolve issues to ensure that the reporting teams are able to meet key milestones
- Develop and document procedures for areas of responsibility
- Prepare quarterly finance presentations to the Management
- Support ad-hoc activity required regarding financial reporting e.g. transformation activities, IFRS, internal or other external control and regulatory activity, capital reporting
Key Capabilities and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in the field of Finance / Accounting or similar qualifications
- Fluent English
- Experience in working for a financial services firm, preferably insurance
- Technical accounting expertise with understanding and interpretation of accounting policies, preferably under IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Prior work experience in a multinational organisation and matrix reporting structure preferred
- Affinity to IT systems, good knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience with SAP is desirable but not essential
- Experience of delivering diverse financial information requirements in a complex organisation
What we offer:
- Dynamic, modern work environment
- Continuous and professional learning opportunity
- Competitive compensation and benefits
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact us via the following "Jelentkezés" button.