Relationship & Product Sales Manager, Captial Markets - London
Requisition Number: 050208 Job Description: Reporting to the Head of International Client Servicing (EMEA & APAC) which covers Sales, Relationship & Account Management for Securities Lending & Transition Management, the core responsibility of this role is to act as a Relationship Manager positioning the Northern Trust Securities Lending programme & Transition Management capabilities to a range of institutional trust and asset servicing clients with overall responsibility for a regional segment(s). The Relationship Manager will utilise their product knowledge to provide key clients with information and suggestions to add value to the relationship. He or she will be responsible for co-ordinating all client needs, seeking additional revenue opportunities and have the talent and credibility to proffer alternative trading strategies for individual clients. Using an in-depth knowledge of Securities Lending the successful candidate will work closely with the broader asset management and asset servicing sales, product, marketing and client servicing teams. A proactive self starter, the candidate will be responsible for managing client relationships and from time to time working on some cross sell opportunities within the region assigned. Knowledge/Skills:
- Significant experience in relationship management gained preferably in a securities lending / capital markets environment
- Ability to demonstrate sales, relationship management and new business experience
- Excellent interpersonal, sales, negotiating, presentation and relationship management skills
- Ability to develop strong professional and personal relationships with external and internal contacts
- Creative problem solving skills, with the ability to quickly identify, recommend and implement solutions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Bachelors degree in finance or related discipline
- Flexibility to travel around the region
- Manages the client relationships for institutional trust and custody clients for capital market products. Ensures overall client satisfaction by facilitating efforts of service team, coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery and issue-resolution, and effectively communicating client concerns/needs to partners.
- Manages service reviews for securities lending and post trade reviews for Transition Management on an on-going basis along with ensuring understanding the competitive environment, pricing strategies, and enhancing overall client profitability.
- Develops understanding of client's business, objectives, goals and market challenges, and liase with asset servicing relationship team to ensure bank relationship plan is consistent.
- Cultivates strong working relationships with client contacts. Demonstrates ability to add value by anticipating possible solutions and partnering with client to implement and escalating to manager where necessary on key issues to be resolved.
- Educates client on emerging issues, market developments, regulatory/tax changes, and the general institutional trust environment, advising the client of the impact on the client's business and on our own services.
- Participates in development of solutions to client needs, coordinates presentations, acting as an expert, to closes the sale, ensures smooth delivery of capital market products and communicates developments and enhancements to the products.
- Manages client profitability, understands competitive environment, develops pricing strategies, and works with team to enhance profitability.
- Takes the lead in introducing Northern Trust's Capital Market product capabilities by articulating clearly the objectives and process of the products with an understanding of IIG & GFS client's business needs, objectives, goals and market challenges.
- Cultivate relationships and to work closely with other capital market partners in the Trading, Product and Operations teams globally to articulate client objectives and deliver solutions.
- Responds to Requests for Proposals as subject matter expert and maintains a healthy pipeline of sales opportunities while tracking sales performance against targets and communicate results and/or risks to senior management
- Participates in development of solutions to client needs, coordinates presentations, acting as an expert, to run the entire cross sales process within a asset servicing deal end to end up to the close of a sale, ensures smooth delivery and implementation of capital market products and communicates developments and enhancements of the product.
- Attends and speaks at industry events as well as writing thought leadership articles.
- Develop and drive the sales strategy for the your regional segment, ensuring cross selling opportunities are thoroughly reviewed and followed up while partnering with the Northern Trust's broader sales and relationship management teams to leverage and cross sell into existing IIG & GFS relationships in your segment, expanding the Northern Trust securities lending client base and increasing the profitability of the capital markets business