Regional Sales Director
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Role type: Permanent, full time
NEC is a leading global manufacturer and service provider of telecommunication, computer and electronic devices, NEC has devoted more than 100 years of technological innovation to providing its customers with solutions of genuine value through innovative technologies for everyday use, as expressed in its slogan, "Empowered by Innovation".
NEC maintains a worldwide network of subsidiary companies, which includes operations in Europe where NEC performs various sales, manufacturing, and R&D functions. Today, NEC Europe has more than 20 branches and subsidiaries throughout Europe, employing approximately 1500 personnel, located across Europe, Russia Africa and the Middle East.
Strategic / Leader Role
Responsible for providing leadership support for the sales team in Hungary to improve organizational performance and long-term competitiveness, and to successfully navigate through critical businesses changes and address complex issues. Assists with strategic projects in sales such as strategy development, transformational change, organization restructuring and improving the effectiveness of functions (e.g., sales support, sales)
Responsible for supporting the closing of direct sales of products and/or services in order to meet his team’s quotas and the organization's business objectives. Controls/supervises lead generation plans to generate a substantive sales opportunity pipeline.
Responsible for improving the selling of complex, high-value solutions and/or services within the sales team. Supports / conducts complex negotiations, typically over a longer sales cycle (i.e., six months or more), to reach long-term agreements and commitments. Supports the execution of effective relationship strategies for one strategic or several large, complex opportunities with customers. Typically interfaces with C-level management or executives.
Responsible for the development and maintenance of long-term relationships with a defined customer base to maintain a high level of satisfaction and increase revenues.
Strategic / Leader Role
- Provides objective strategic leadership support to improve organizational performance and long-term competitiveness
- Designs, implements and delivers business performance/improvement programs in sales such as customer relationship management, business process reengineering, business performance improvement
- Advises his team on strategic sales projects such as strategy development, transformational change and improving the effectiveness of specific functions based on an understanding of businesses, industries, regulatory environments and markets
- Helps sales organizations to successfully navigate through critical businesses changes and address complex issues
- Advises his team on developing strategic approaches to make significant and lasting improvements to their performance, and to tackle difficult issues and serious challenges
- Helps his team to analyze threats and opportunities in the surrounding business environment and manage and sustain growth to maximize revenue
Business Development/Direct Sales
- Supports multifaceted, extended negotiations for the sale of complex, high-value, multi-year contracts for solutions and/or services.
- Maintains effective customer relationships with C-level management decision makers and influencers in order to understand the customer's requirements, match them with the organization's solutions, and close the deal
- Utilizes advanced product/service knowledge and understanding of the customer's business to support the development of customized proposals that present creative solutions that successfully sell the organization's capabilities
- Creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to generate a substantive sales opportunity pipeline
- Produces revenue in line with the sales and individual targets/quotas
- Supervises the sales of a portfolio of products and/or services.
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships and a high level of satisfaction with C-level management decision makers and influencers at a select group of major customer accounts
- Creates demand for the organization's products and services by raising their profile with customers
Experience / Knowledge required:
- Solid experience in the Telco sector
- Proven track record of successful Business Development
- Cross country experience
Professional skills and knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Very good influencing skills
NO 3rd PARTIES!!!
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.
NEC is an equal opportunity employer.