UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Recruitment Officer
Position Numbers: 10023059
Category & Level: National Professional Officer, NOC
Location: Talent Outreach & Acquisition Section (TOAS) Budapest Global Service Centre
Duration: initially for a period of one year
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 8 September 2015
Human Resources Officer will function under direct supervision of the Head of Recruitment Data and Reporting Unit. Incumbent will be responsible for managing and providing expert input to the Recruitment Administration pillar (i.e. Grading, Reference Checks, and Issuance of Letter of Offer ), as well as providing support to the outreach and analytics activities carried out by the Unit. He/she will also be responsible for managing the processing of all the requests for TA and JRB appointments. He/she will also assist the Head of Unit in providing input in the staffing and budget reviews, in the process of recruitment and appointment of staff, and in the performance management and staff welfare issues. The incumbent supervises a team of three General Service staff.
Incumbent will have direct working relationship with the other Units in the Talent Outreach and Acquisition Section - Affiliate Workforce and External Recruitment Unit, as well as staff-related services in UNHCR, such as CMSS, Personnel Administration, Recruitment & Postings Section, Performance Management, Medical Service, Staff Welfare and Global Learning Centre. He/she will also maintain contact and close cooperation with other UN agencies.
- The quality and timeliness of reference checks is ensured.
- The calculation of grading and step of selected candidates is consistent and according to set guidelines.
- All requests for TA appointments and JRB recruitments are processed according to UNHCR guidelines and timeframe.
- Offer letters are accurately drafted and reflect the type of appointment of candidates.
- All Offer letters are processed within established rules and regulations and in timely manner.
- Manage the processing of all requests for TA and JRB appointments, including the distribution of work among the Unit's staff, verification of Grade and Step calculations and Letters of Offer in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Establish the recruitment grade and step of newly recruited staff, as well as the grade and step of General Service staff members when they are converted to the International Professional category to ensure they are in conformity with UNHCR's recruitment policies.
- Ensure that all reference checks and grading is conducted before appointment on a post or on a Temporary Assignment (TA).
- Liaise with external candidates regarding questions related to their appointments,
- Liaise with universities for academic transcript confirmations or inconsistencies and with individuals providing personal or professional references.
- Prepare regular status reports on recruitments conducted and challenges encountered and recommend corrective measures.
- Provide support to the preparation of the annual Staff Recruitment and Retention Experience (SRRE) paper which provides background information to DHRM top management on UNHCR’s recruitment and employment strategy, data on staff appointments and separations during the previous year, and selected issues concerning recruitment and staffing across UNHCR.
- Contribute with input to the improvement of processes and practices to increase effectiveness, including the reference checks process and grading methodology.
- Provide support to the outreach initiatives undertaken by the Unit, including participation in outreach missions when necessary.
- Contribute with input to recruitment policy in order to further improve its effectiveness.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget for the Unit in line with the overall TOAS strategy. Maintain liaison with the support sections and divisions at headquarters, specifically with DHRM, on matters related to planning and management of staffing resources, as well as to recruitment and personnel administration support, medical and other issues of staff welfare and safety.
- Enforce compliance with UNHCR’s recruitment policies (e.g. grading and step, reference checks, Letters of Offer) and the UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Represent the Unit in working groups/task forces within DHRM.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- University degree in Human Resources Management/Administration, Law or similar disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years of previous relevant work experience with a Bachelor's degree and 6 years with a Master's in progressively responsible functions in an office that administer/manage a large number of staff, preferably within the UN.
- Demonstrated experience in data gathering and analysis.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written) and working knowledge of another UN language.
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Change Capability and Adaptability
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP HR module.
- Experience with recruitment outreach.
Candidates must be primarily Hungarian nationals.
Submission of applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Link megjelenítése (P11) and its Link megjelenítése, motivation letter, CV and copies of your diploma(s) by e-mail with “LAST name –Recruitment Officer (10023059)position” in the subject line to: E-mail cím megjelenítése by
8 September 2015.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at this Link megjelenítése.