UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Positions: Recruitment Associate
Position Numbers: 10020980 and 10020981
Category & Level: General Service, G-6
Location: Talent Outreach & Acquisition Section (TOAS)
Effective date: As soon as possible
Duration: initially for a period of one year (renewable)
Closing Date: 22 May 2014
Talent Outreach & Acquisition Section (TOAS) takes the lead in all external recruitment, including the management of special recruitment programs such as the Entry-level Humanitarian Professional Programme (EHP) and the Capacity Building Initiative (CBI).
The Recruitment Associate is part of TOAS and performs under direct supervision of the Head of Unit (EHP/CBI) who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent keeps frequent contacts with job candidates and hiring managers to exchange information and provide advice.
- The Recruitment Team is provided support in its various functions including selection, scheduling interviews, assisting candidates and hiring managers, obtaining references, screening candidates, on boarding new staff, verifying credentials, sourcing & posting positions, assisting with background checks and maintaining files.
- Provide first line support to job applicants, candidates, and hiring managers.
- Provide appropriate information regarding job application, hiring process, policy and/or procedures.
- Understand functionality of job application process and online job application system and provide assistance to applicants.
- Utilize resume database for tracking candidates. Assist in contacting potential applicants using multiple communication tools, including social media.
- Assist recruiters in candidate pipeline management, pre-screening applicants and make recommendations for interviewing.
- Assist in scheduling interviews and communicates with managers and recruiters regarding candidate flow.
- Assist with the on boarding process, liaising with PAPs, ensuring that on boarding requirements are met.
- Assist in the submission of third party labour resource requests.
- Obtain required reference checks.
- Coordinate and participate in job fair events by registering, preparing recruitment materials, ordering supplies and maintaining database.
- Assist with projects, programs, and tasks that require data gathering, reviews data and presents findings to recruiters.
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding all matters of posting, short listing and selection processes.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Recommend new sources of candidates to the Sr. Recruitment Officer.
- Represent UNHCR in recruitment activities.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of secondary education with training/certificate in Business Administration, Personnel Administration/Human Resources Management or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience, including with entry-level professional recruitment programmes.
- Good knowledge of recruitment best practices and tools to hire the best talents.
- Experience in using social media platforms for recruitment, including recruitment branding.
- High IT affinity with excellent computer skills and working knowledge in PeopleSoft/MSRP and MS office software.
- Communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English (written/oral/comprehension).
- Technological Awareness.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Planning and Organizing.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good knowledge of UN Administration and procedures/processes, and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
- Knowledge of UN and UNHCR’s HR policies.
- Proficient in online search methodologies such as "Boolean search".
- Working knowledge of French, Arabic or another official UN language.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your motivation letter and CV, by e-mail with “Your LAST name - Application for the. Recruitment Associate (10020980 & 10020981) positions” in the subject line to the email address below by 22 May 2014.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése