Our client is a worldwide provider of advanced healing technologies that makes a difference for patients, caregivers and providers. With headquarters in the US and approximately 7000 employees working in more than 20 countries, this company improves patients' lives around the globe. Their growing Shared Service Center in Budapest provides an opportunity for dedicated professionals in the fields of Finance and Order Management.
Acts as the first point of contact for telephone calls and visitors to our office (all floors), ensuring a high level of professionalism and customer service. In addition may also provide general clerical assistance to various departments upon request.
Major Duties and responsibilities:
• Acts as the first point of contact for telephone calls and visitors to the Budapest office, ensuring a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• In the same way providing remotely access to visitors and our employees to all floors of the building and the underground parking areas by issuing visitor pass.
• Accepts delivery of packages/documents for colleagues as per the agreed policies and procedures.
• Operates multi-line telephone console to receive incoming calls, directing calls to the correct department in a timely and friendly manner.
• Opens mail on a daily basis, ensuring appropriate recording and distribution of same.
• Ensures all daily outgoing mail and items for couriering are ready for collection as per the agreed timeframes.
• Maintains the kitchen area of the 4th floor by ensuring that supplies of sugar, biscuits etc are available at all times.
• Acts as the central point for ordering taxis.
• Assists in travel and hotel reservations.
• Responsible for daily check of meeting room reservations and coordination of preparing the meeting rooms with facilities manager (i.e. taking care of coffee, tea, cups along with ordering lunches for Budapest office meetings if applicable). Checks that the paperwork is completed accurately so that costs are charged to appropriate departments and us.
• Assists with other general administrative office duties as required in a timely, efficient and professional manner. This will include filing, photocopying, mail and other administrative duties.
• Assists the Facilities Manager with several administrative jobs such as mobile phones, car fleet, and office supplies.
• Professionally liaises with other departments as required.
• Participates in any and all reasonable work activities as may be deemed suitable and assigned by management.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and listening skills, the ability to relate to different types of people and have a polite manner in person and over the telephone. The ability to work well under pressure and have an awareness and understanding of other cultures is also important. In addition good organizational and word-processing skills will be valuable.
• Experience in a receptionist or administrative role with proven customer service skills.
• Fluency in English and Hungarian is a must, additional language skills advantageous.
• General knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Professional appearance: grooming and dress consistent with desired corporate image.
• Prompt arrival and regular attendance at work.
• Ability to deal with problem situations that may occur in the front desk area by communicating with the individual rationally or by contacting security for extreme cases.
• Strong attention to detail. Team player. Demonstrates initiative.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
- High school diploma or equivalent (no special certification required)
- Fluent English knowledge is required plus intermediate French knowledge
- Preferably 1 or 2 years of customer service, data entry, administrative experience
- Ability to work independently, managing incoming and outgoing workload on a daily basis
- Good team player
- Excellent 10-key and keyboard abilities.
- The opportunity to be part of a multinational company whose mission it is to heal patients and save lives
- Extensive training to all new colleagues
- Continuous on-the-job training
- Easily accessible office in a state-of-the-art building
- Decent salary and compensation package