Public Relations Internship – based in Germany
Join trivago and help shape the future of the world’s largest online hotel search. Work with latest technology and with colleagues from over 60 different countries. We believe in personal development through flexible, self-directed work and cross-functional opportunities. Enjoy a working environment that encourages new ideas, fun and questioning the status quo!
Due to trivago’s rapid international growth and expansion in the Hungarian market, we’re offering an exciting internship to support our international team with the PR efforts in Hungary. This position is based in trivago’s headquarters in Dusseldorf, Germany. In this role, you’ll play an integral part in driving brand awareness and goodwill for trivago across Hungary. We’re looking for a great communicator to help identify opportunities, analyze the market, foster relationships with journalists and create informative and compelling press materials. If you’re a dedicated team player, who thinks outside the box and enjoys working in a multicultural environment, then we look forward to hearing from you!
- You continuously review the media landscape and conduct research on the Hungarian market to identify publicity opportunities and expand our media channel exposure
- Tapping into your creative skills, you will be responsible for creating both factual and entertaining blog articles and social media content
- You create goodwill for trivago by writing press material and releasing it through various communication media e.g. TV, radio, internet, magazines, newspapers – and whatever you come up with
- You stay up to date on social media trends and press releases about travel and hotel news to identify interesting topics for PR material
- You contact and build close, productive relationships with journalists and influential bloggers from different niches
- You monitor the impact of communication & social media efforts with help of analytic tools to continuously improve performance and boost trivago’s success in Hungary
- You’re studying or recently graduated in the field of communications, journalism or related. Other majors are welcome to apply, but please underline your writing experience in your cover letter
- You speak Hungarian at a native level and are fluent in English (company language)
- You are able to write punchy and clear texts in a range of styles and tones, from highly informative to conversational and entertaining
- You don't automatically accept the validity of information you are given, but evaluate it critically
- You are skilled at approaching issues with creativity and innovation, and possess the ability to think beyond traditional frameworks
What we offer:
- A paid internship of 6 months in Dusseldorf, Germany
- A pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team
- Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company
- Fast personal development and a steep learning curve
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Cross-functional opportunities in project and teamwork
- Regular team events, a wide range of sport activities, a fridge full of beer and non-alcoholic beverages as well as fresh fruit every day
Duration of the internship: 6 months
Please note that Hungarian language skills at native level are required for this position.
Apply online to the link below.