Medicolink is looking for Specialist doctors in Psychiatry
The staff specialist will be part of a large psychiatric organization in Denmark. Besides focusing on the main tasks, it is of high importance for the department, as a big, dynamic organisation, to emphasize the importance of development and hereby improve the quality of the treatments.
In the same time they are working on providing an ideal working environment for all employees. The candidate will be working as staff specialist in the first period with a possibility of becoming a consultant in the future.
Why work in Denmark?
With a modern and efficient healthcare system, attractive salary and terms of employment as well as good conditions for a stable and healthy family life, working as a healthcare professional in Denmark offers you every opportunity for a good life.
As an employee in Denmark, you will be working in a highly professional and team-oriented environment with ample opportunity for professional sparring, fellowship and further training.
In the Danish healthcare system, we value a high level of professional specialisation, good technological applications as well as quality, coherence and satisfaction in the treatment of patients.
Characteristics of the Clinic
People and possibilities – Psychiatry with relations. This is the vision for psychiatry in our Region, which aims to create a better life for citizens suffering from mental illnesses.
The Region operates a psychiatric treatment scheme that consists of a number of wards and clinics around the region. The Psychiatry also takes care of the psychiatric research, training and emergencies in the area, and develops and conveys a wide range of psychiatric services to the region’s citizens.
- The Psychiatry bases treatment on relations, evidence and the patient’s resources.
- The Psychiatry ensures cohesion in its work, internally and between sectors.
- The Psychiatry future-proves the treatment through research, quality and competency development.
- The Psychiatry constantly attracts, develops and retains competent employees.
You will be working in a large department of general psychiatry with 3 large wards, 1 ward with forensic psychiatric functions and one with acute care. The department has a capacity of 90 beds. Furthermore, the clinic has a centre for ergo- and physiotherapy. The outpatient care takes place at 4 communal health centres and 2 psychiatric clinics.
The department treats adults between the age of 18 and 75 with psychiatric disorders. Patients, whose treatment requires special efforts or an interdisciplinary approach, are treated here. The tasks include examination, diagnosing, treatment, care, specialized prevention and rehabilitation.
The department has 350 employees, out of whom 12 are medical specialists, 2 are staff specialists, 3 are residents under qualification for being specialist, 10 are junior doctors and 7 external consultants. The clinic has experience with recruitment of international specialists. The outpatient care covers continuously the treatment of approximately 2000 patients, of whom more than 1000 are newly registered on a yearly basis.
We are looking for a staff specialist
- with interest in working on a continuously developing psychiatric department
- who is willing to work on an interdisciplinary basis
- with interest in cognitive therapy, both for individuals and groups
- who is innovative, flexible and has a stable personality
There are good opportunities for professional development, research and quality enhancement.
The specialist is expected to enter a 15-shifted duty round, when necessary experience has been achieved.
About the specialist doctor
The specialist doctor should be a qualified medical expert within the field of adult psychiatry, which means that the specialist doctor has the following characteristics:
- Specialist recognition in psychiatry
- Capability of handling the general psychiatric diagnostic tasks (ICD-10) independently
- Ability to initiate and evaluate relevant psychopharmacological treatment and other psychiatric treatment, e.g. ECT and psychotherapeutic treatment
- Sufficient knowledge about diagnostics and treatment in common medical (somatic) problems relevant to Psychiatry
- Ability to function on a psychiatric professional and academic level
- Capability of communicating with patients, relatives, colleagues, and other members of staff on a relevant and dialogue-oriented background
- Ability to work cross-functionally with nursing staff and other groups of staff employed within the psychiatry
- Therapeutic education is preferable
- Experience, education or interest in management is preferable
- Teaching experience is preferable
- Capability of functioning as an advisor and motivator for younger doctors
- Development-orientation, quality promotion, and interest in research are preferable
- Capability of undertaking the attending physician function with ten other psychiatrists
- Flexibility in correlation with physical placement within the organization (acute, open/locked intensive unit, community psychiatry)
The candidate is evaluated according to the seven roles/competences below
1. Medical expert: Diagnostic and therapeutic skills are necessary, in order to do the patient treatment ethically and efficient.
2. Communicator: Being able to outline the medical case history and get information from the patient, relatives, and others. Being able to listen efficiently and discuss relevant information with patients, colleagues, and staff.
3. Co-operator: Co-operate efficiently with other doctors and health care staff. Contribute efficiently within cross- functional activities.
4. Organizer/leader/administrator: Use and prioritize the resources efficiently and equalize with regard to patient treatment, education, and external activities.
5. Health promoter: Contribute efficiently to a higher health among the patients and in society. Recognize and react on the areas where information is needed.
6. Academic: Use a personal strategy for continuing education. Evaluate information critically. Facilitate learning among patients, younger doctors, students, and other staff groups. Contribute to the development of new knowledge.
7. Professional: Yield a high quality in patient treatment concerning the integrity, honesty, and compassion. Show an appropriate personal and human behavior. Practice ethically according to the Hippocratic Oath.
- A short trip to Denmark prior to the language course, where you will have the opportunity to visit your future work place and living area
- 37 hour working week
- A permanent position as a Staff specialist
- Min. yearly salary: 94000 Euro (including pension benefits)
- Six weeks paid holiday
- A free, intensive language course and Danish Medical Language Program with settlement assistance and free accommodation in Budapest
- Cultural teaching prior to departure
- Accommodation assistance in Denmark
- Assistance in administrative processes when moving to Denmark
Partner Program and Family Integration:
- Free Danish language course and family program in Budapest
- Partner Program with a personal integration consultant for spouse in Budapest or on-line
- Assistance for your spouse in search of employment and integration in Denmark
- Guidance regarding schooling and child care
- Access to our candidate network in Denmark
- Information on Danish tax and administrative matters
- Hotline service for urgent questions
- Extra Danish classes after arrival to Denmark
- Coaching, regular evaluation and assistance in integration process
For further information, please visit our website at Link megjelenítése, or contact
Project Manager at Medicolink, Anna Sebestyén on the email address below.