Project Supervisor / Engineer Designate - Yorkshire, Rotherham, S60 1
Project Supervisor/Engineer Designate Sizer is pleased to release a new vacancy to join their team. We are looking for a Project Supervisor/Engineer Designate with strong contract management and manufacturing experience, to be based at our Rotherham facility close to junction 34 of the M1. This pivotal role will require you to understudy our Senior Engineer, overseeing our site work and refurbishment projects, machinery and fitting operations and the sourcing and manufacture of our components. All aspects of the companies offered services and product supply are time sensitive, so a methodical approach to effectively resolving any issues which may arise in the site work and manufacturing processes is key to this role. The management of our supply chain and the ability to seek opportunities to develop our business is also just as crucial.
This position has arisen due to the impending retirement of our senior engineer and would be with a view to assuming greater responsibilities within 9 months.
We pride ourselves with manufacturing the famous 'Orbit' Pellet Presses. The simple, robust designs have been continually improved to meet modern demands for cost effective quality and efficiency. We also offer a wide range of pellet press spare parts in addition to our maintenance, service and technical support.
- Estimate timescale on site work and necessary equipment/tools needed and project manage as required
- Estimate reverse engineering of damaged components back to a useable part
- Interpret & produce engineering drawings
- Understand engineering instruments for inspection of parts
- Discuss engineering issues with sub-contract engineering companies
- Inspection of goods received from suppliers
- Machining background, preferably apprentice-trained
- Instruct & machine component parts as required
- Regular liaison with our supply chain
- Source new competitive sub-contractors as required and assess their capacities
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Full UK driving licence
Competitive salary and benefits 39 hour working week - Mon-Thurs 08:00-16:30, Fri 08:00-15:30
Strictly no recruitment agencies, thanks.
"NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE" If you are interested please apply using the Apply Now Button.
Ref. Code: ProSupUkBc