Project Manager - London
£31,500 - £38,600
Ofgem is committed to making a positive difference for energy consumers through effective regulation of the market and close working with suppliers to ensure sustainable energy for consumers and businesses in the UK.
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme is designed to encourage increased use of renewable fuels in heating and forms a key part of the UK's commitment to reducing carbon emissions. As the administrator of the scheme Ofgem is responsible for reviewing large volumes of applications to assess eligibility and manage payments to successful applicants.
Your focus will be on the non-domestic aspect of the scheme, which is open to a wide range of businesses, public bodies, charities, schools and other organisations. You will play a key role in the successful management of a number of new projects that we undertake in response to legislative changes that affect the scheme or as part of our continuous improvement programme. This will see you produce a range of detailed project management materials with an emphasis on accuracy and timely delivery and reporting regularly on projects' progress and key milestones. You'll identify risks to delivery and escalate issues as required, ensuring regular and clear communication throughout. Strong relationship management skills will be crucial and you can expect regular liaison with internal and external stakeholders and providers. Throughout, you'll ensure that we achieve value for money and operate in accordance with good governance arrangements.
• Educated to degree level or higher with relevant professional project management qualification(s)
Essential skills and experience:
• Demonstrable experience of managing projects within a continuous improvement or policy delivery environment
• Strong track record managing of complex projects with multiple dependencies
• Excellent communication skills and capable of demanding and producing results from project team members and key stakeholders
• Proven ability to mentor more junior colleagues and encourage a learning culture within the team
• Competent user of Microsoft Viso, Excel and Project
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
• Up to 30 days' annual leave
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
• Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
• Subsidised gym and restaurant (London only), and
• an Interest free season ticket loan.
To apply, please go to: www. ofgem .gov.uk/careers
Closing date: 9am, 7th April 2014.
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer. Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
Please mention The GreenJobs Network of Websites when applying to this position.