Long term thinking has been in the foreground of MagiCom Kft's business strategy. We focus on gaining market share, and we build on the strengths of our high quality human resources. To this end, MagiCom's management committed itself to the HR development standard Investors In People, which helps us to improve our HR process planning and implementation as well as its review, to maximize its benefits for our employees. In January 2007, Magicom Kft was the first Hungarian IT company to receive the Investors in People Standard recognition.
To provide a higher level of service to our business partners, we are looking for an experienced, reliable
PROJECT MANAGER – DATA CENTER CONSOLIDATION applicant.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of this role is to provide Expansion & New technology Know how support in order to ensure a high degree of Project coordination, Technical Expertise, Re- Engineering, Leverage & Build competencies in Onsite/offshore model. The emphasis would be on skills like
- Project Management (Coordinate and supervise) projects that are assigned and deliver them based on the project management best practices and Framework
- Co-ordinate and Project manage Server Decommissions, Application Migrations and Transformation to cloud
- Develop strong relationships and trust with Clients and contribute to the success of Technology specialists
- Understanding customer needs, Technical team needs and successfully leading projects till closure within timeline
- Develop strong partnership and relationships with Lead Program/Project Managers Onsite/Offshore Managers and assist them in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Understand operational requirements, strategic business objectives and IT roadmaps and develop project plan to achieve the operational requirements and business objectives.
- Facilitate and enable Vendor coordination for project delivery
- Provide leadership for overall project execution including solution development and implementation.
- Accountable for project commitments
- Establish Communication plan for Technical and Project Managers For Project execution
- Track , report and review Projects for issues and risks
- Understand and follow established processes to improve processes and tools. Lead technical reviews, provide status reports, documentation, update key indicators and metrics, and ensure accurate technical output
- Ensure technical deliverables are operational ready, secure, and are designed and implemented to meet SLA and Project Timeliness
Operational Experience Required:
- 8+ years of IT industry experience and has exposure in Server build and Technology management in global IT organization.
- Understanding of industry best practices for Project Management.
- Experience in building Customer relationship and Account Engagement
- Ability to drive meetings with business managers and project teams.
- Confidence to speak-up and challenge ideas and propose alternatives.
- Desire to constantly seek and offer constructive feedback
- Technical aptitude for Server , Storage and Backup Technology Build (all areas), Cloud and Virtualization Knowledge and Networking technologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Good facilitator and instructor, capable of producing quality documentation, good customer relationship skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex technical details into coherent technical
- Understanding of RIMS Industry in Operations, Capacity Planning & Performance Management related Engineering design and operational capability.
- Coordinating, Managing and guiding team member for Build and Migration projects team.
- Identify service issues with respect to technical and Operational inputs by carrying out performance trending and providing data.
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communication
- Excellent Analytical & Virtual troubleshooting skills
- Competitive compensation package
- Wide range of free training and exam opportunities
- Multinational environment
Location: Amersham UK (~15 miles outside London)
Start time: ASAP
A Certificate of No Criminal Record is required to the job.