Job Category MAD/Product Manager
MSc in Electrical Engineering or related field, industry experience in electronics or instrumentation, along with:
- Minimum 10 years’ professional experience, including 3-5 years’ experience in industrial product management, product lifecycle management, product portfolio management
- International exposure in a partly customer facing technical role (technical product management or technical marketing or technical sales or similar)
- Good understanding of the global semiconductor industry (manufacturers, users, use cases, issues, trends)
- Experience in product (HW and SW) specification, requirement and backlog management, user story and UI definition, co-working with development in the complete product creation
- Ability to discover customer requirements and convert them into high level product specifications
- Track record of identifying and presenting the customer benefits and the value of product features
- Understanding semiconductor devices and their thermal characteristics
- Other preferred skills: knowledge of the measurement instrument and/or power electronics and/or LED industry, general management skills with leadership potential
- Customer oriented, problem solver, ability to prioritise and make decisions, can influence and motivate others
- Fluent in English with excellent and credible communication and presentation skills.
The Product Manager´s primary job is to perform the industrial product management tasks related to a portfolio of semiconductor measurement instruments. This starts from understanding customer business drivers, needs and requirements, converting them to product and feature specifications, working with development on a timely, future proof and sellable implementation, overseeing the creation of customer documentation and technical marketing material, articulating customer value and benefits, pricing, and managing the product portfolio business case. Additionally the role requires customer visits, presentation for user and at technical conferences.
Primary: The primary responsibility is maintaining a sellable and profitable product-portfolio based on customer value, promoting that internally and externally and supporting the sales and marketing organisations in their related efforts.
Secondary: Additionally the Product Manager may manage 3-5 Product Specialists.