The post holder will be a member of the SIS Betting Growth Initiatives team whose mission is
To develop innovative new products, services and business models for the betting and gaming business through:
- Identifying value added products / services and their fit within the wider strategic framework.
- Developing a portfolio of ideas and match these potential product & services to market needs.
- If appropriate seek out and establish commercial relationships with collaboration partners.
- Extend the lifecycle of existing product & services in an extension strategy.
The Product Manager has overall responsibility to drive the new product and service development process and deliver individual product and services.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role reports to Head of Product.
In line with the SIS Values, the main responsibilities of the Project Manager are set out below.
- To project manage multiple work streams simultaneously including quality assurance.
- To ensure that a detailed specification is developed and accurately delivered.
- To undertake commercial negotiations as required with pilot customers and vendors / partners.
- To be responsible for conducting a thorough post-pilot review.
- To follow a defined project process such as AGILE.
- To design, develop and drive the agreed commercial model for the product / service to enable successful rollout and profitability of the product / service across the SIS business, including SLA, contracts, marketing and sales plans etc.
- To ensure the proposed solution is complete and capable of enabling the business and its clients to realise the benefit.
- To develop ideas through to mature concepts and roadmaps to ensure that produce development outputs delivery to the agreed specifications (time, budget, resources, and quality).
- To analyse existing products and, where appropriate, suggest and implement enhancements to increase revenue.
- To share best-practice with other members of the Product Team and elsewhere within SIS.
- To design and drive the agree product roadmap for post-pilot sale and deployment.
- To develop and present the Business Plan for the product / service including return on investment.
- To design a framework for productisation and embed commercial best practice processes into the business.
- Develop and build effective relationships with customer-facing sales teams and, where appropriate, with customers themselves.
- Manage all stakeholders and 3 rd parties in a best practice manner.
- Develop and introduce the framework and network for getting projects piloted by customers.
- Engage with potential commercial partners and explore opportunities and make recommendations to senior management.
- Collate all relevant feedback from customers to enable thorough reporting and enhancements throughout the product delivery life-cycle and beyond.
Knowledge/Experience and Pre-requisites
- New product & services experience essential (especially in betting, gaming or financial services service industry).
- Comprehensive knowledge about the industry.
- Familiarity of new product development (especially services) techniques.
- Strong client liaison skills an ability to forge solid working relationships
- Effective presentation and communication skills are essential.
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative as well as in a team.
- Flexible and able to travel to customers in the UK, Ireland, Europe and Rest of the World