Procurement Strategic Buyer
- A challenging job with great potential
The Nilfisk Procurement Group is going through an exciting transition period of globalization. Our Operational Center department in Szigetszentmiklós is looking for an agile commercial candidate to ensure the EMEA supply chains and support/collaborate/lead regional (EMEA) initiatives with the alignment of the global procurement functions.
Role, responsibilities & tasks
As a Strategic Buyer you will have a key function in Procurement EMEA Operational Center reporting directly to our EMEA OC Sourcing & Procurement Supervisor situated in Szigetszentmiklós.
You will be responsible for m supporting principally our EMEA production factories (Hu, Italy) by maintaining and developing their supply chains.
Furthermore you will be responsible for facilitating:
- Global procurement projects
- Local factory targets such as inventory / working capital reduction, manage supply chain challenges due to peaks and tenders
Some of your primary tasks will be to:
- Manage selected commodity categories with responsibility for multiple production sites in Hungary and Italy
- Support global initiatives and other Category Managers in the project implementation phase
- In addition to managing a large supplier base, the Strategic Buyer needs to forge very close relationships with the global strategic suppliers
- Being the first escalation point in the selected commodity categories
- Furthermore, Strategic Buyer has a close cooperation with the technical departments to secure successful implementation of new product developments at suppliers
- Frequent international cooperation with the company’s other departments and subsidiaries and foreign suppliers so international travelling is expected
Education, experience & personal attributes
The ideal candidate for the job has at least a Bachelor’s degree either in Commerce or Engineering.
- Solid sourcing experience, preferably from a multinational manufacturing company
- A personality type which proactively takes ownership and charge of results and resolves problems
- Clear evidence of this kind of personality type and associated behavior has to be present
- Excellent ability to build high level business relationships. With strategic suppliers the Strategic Buyer always has to apply the correct mix of empathy and toughness, which will vary from situation to situation
- People management experience
- Strong project management skills
- Structured problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly absorb technical information
- Advanced English skills both spoken and written
- Superior customer orientation and listening skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in activity planning
- Demonstrated cross functional and cross site team leadership ability
- Team player, able to interact with all functional areas and at all organizational levels
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities
- Able to be critical and accept criticism
- A dynamic working environment driven by creativity and commitment
- A position with a high degree of independence and impact
- Great potential for professional and personal development
- The position involves some travel activity – up to 40 days a year
If you are interested in the position please send your application (CV in English and motivation letter) to the email address below.
A global company: Nilfisk (www.nilfisk.com) is a global company with headquarters in Denmark. We have sales companies in 44 countries and distributors in more than 70 countries. We are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of professional cleaning equipment and we are a part of the NKT Group.