Our client is a worldwide provider of advanced healing technologies that makes a difference for patients, caregivers and providers. With headquarters in the US and approximately 7000 employees working in more than 20 countries, this company improves patients' lives around the globe. Their growing Shared Service Center in Budapest provides an opportunity for dedicated professionals in the fields of Finance and Order Management.
The role of the Procurement Specialist is to provide the link between the in region needs of the business and the global procurement strategies developed by the Global Category Managers and the Procurement Directors.
As the first point of contact for new contract and vendor requests, the Procurement Specialist will work with both the local countries and the category managers/directors to develop best fit solutions. Where local deviation from global procurement strategy may be desirable they work together to understand what is driving the local need.
- Execute tactical and strategic sourcing and procurement of indirect goods and services for the OUS region. Primary Categories include: Fleet and Freight, IT and R&D, T&E, Facilities and Professional Services.
- Drive implementation of global procurement/supply strategies.
- Work with the Global Category Managers to develop and implement local and/or regional sourcing strategies and initiatives consistent with respective global strategies.
- Develop and maintain supply market knowledge for assigned category/categories using supplier visits, Internet research, trade journals, personal interviews or other research techniques.
- Implement appropriate supplier management processes to drive selected suppliers within assigned categories towards world class performance. Serve as focal point for the supplier relationship and ensure appropriate engagement of business partners within the company
- Lead and/or facilitate cross-functional teams to enable strategic sourcing and supply management for assigned categories.
- Working within policy guidelines, negotiate, draft and review supply contracts for goods and services within assigned categories.
- Working with global category managers and other Procurement management, develop, track and report on appropriate category performance metrics to capture performance results and provide input to corporate budgeting process.
- Support the training of other team members on procurement best practices as well as procurement policy and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in strategic sourcing of indirect goods and/or services
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluency in English
- The opportunity to be part of a multinational company whose mission it is to heal patients and save lives
- Easily accessible office in a state-of-the-art building
- Decent salary and compensation package