The role will be responsible for all risk and control aspects relating to EMEA Procurement. A key part of the role is to ensure that existing processes and procedures are fully understood and implemented. The role will be responsible for self identifying risks and advised on corrective action plans.
The role will work closely with the Global Risk and Control team to design and agree the Regional and Country risk and control programs.
- Provide subject matter expertise on all areas of Procurement Risk and Control including Process, Policy, Anti Bribery and Corruption, risk testing and own the Regional Procurement Process and Operating Procedures
- Ensure a clear understanding of all policies and procedures that directly impact procurement.
- The role is responsible for ensuring that regional policies and procedures mitigate risk in the procurement process and provide suitable control and guidance to all procurement staff.
- Implement clear and concise policies and procedures to all Regional and Country Procurement staff. This includes running training and awareness sessions to Regional Sourcing Managers, Country Sourcing Managers and members of the Procurement Service Centre.
- Responsible for managing and running the quarterly Managers Controlled Assessment. This involves conducting a number of tests across the region and countries to identify potential risks and measure compliance to set processes and procedures.
- Own the delegation of authority, purchase order and contract signing limit process for the region.
- Manage and run the expired contracts process for the region.
- Closely liaise with the Enterprise Supplier Risk Management team to ensure that the Procurement process compliments the Supplier Risk process and procedures.
- Provide regional input to the Global Risk and Control program and strategy.
- Work closely with Global Risk peers to ensure a clear understanding of regional and country requirements.
- Understand individual country risk variations and communicate these to the Global team for inclusion in the Global program.
- Owner of relationship with Internal Audit and Legal. Assisting in all audits and risk testing.
- Knowledge of Procurement Operations (Analytics, Process, Policy, Risk & Control, Contract Management, Supplier Management, Procurement Technology & Tools)
- Solid project management, process reengineering and reporting experience would be appreciated
- Knowledge of eSourcing and P2P systems
- International work experience and ability to work remotely with stakeholders across a number of different countries
- Excellent written and spoken English
- MS Office & Excel
- Ability to collect, extract and analyze data from a variety of sources and create pivot tables
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external management in a professional and positive manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills with strong influencing and persuasive talents.