PROCUREMENT & PRICING (GROSS MARGIN) SPECIALIST
eOptika.hu is the leading online retailer of contact lenses in Hungary. We are number 2 behind Ofotért/Vision Express Group with profitable revenues of HUF 700M+. Our goal is to change the optician industry by being the living example of the future. We were the “SzEK.org webshop of the year” in 2014, “The most popular webshop of Hungary” in 2015 and have a long, long way to go until we are satisfied with success.
We are expanding in multiple ways: internationally (we want to build a “mini multinational” company), productwise (adding glasses to the offering) and market share-wise (in our existing markets).
We are looking to add a new Producement and pricing manager (or “Gross margin manager” as we call it) to our team. With your help, we will better manage the increasing complexity of our operations and maximize shareholder value. You will basically run a “arbitrage platform” in physical goods.
Your job will be to:
- Find the ideal procurement decisions from multiple options and act on it. Actually, buy our products.
- Set our retail prices, given competitive information, promotions, user insights, demand elasticity and procurement opportunities. As an illustration, Amazon re-sets its prices over a million times a day.
We currently do only half this job and would like to learn, with your help, how the optimal process should be. You will work with both eOptika CEOs who see this as a highly strategic, high value opportunity. We (you and us) also need to create IT systems together which will support and automate the manual part of your job.
You will need to liaise with colleagues from logistics and finance (for inventory), suppliers (for inventory) and colleagues marketing and country management (for pricing). Your success will be measured by the gross margin, ROI on capital and EVA shareholder value you will create.
This job is Budapest based (you either live or can easily travel to Budapest) and requires full time commitment (but we can accommodate relatively flexible hours). A brilliant, highly numerical yet social and verbally fluent individual is wanted.
Key competencies and experience
- To be successful in this role, you must be/have:
- Amazing self-organizer and self-starter who will create something out of nothing (and ask for help as needed);
- Extremely well structured in your thinking and methodological in your execution;
- Not afraid of juggling with many priorities at the same time;
- Super fast in doing what you do;
- Critical thinker with good reasoning, analytical and structuring competencies;
- A very experienced computer user;
- Master level Excel user;
- Experienced with database systems and database processing;
- Great in verbal and written communication – to the point;
- Very likable;
- Frequent ecommerce buyer;
- Good, creative and quick problem solver;
- Fast learner and open minded person;
- Interested in ecommerce, international business and launching new services;
- Fluent English speaker;
- Impeccably ethical;
- Have a „street smart” personality, with a down to earth approach and jungle survival skills;
- Flexible and creative to handle unstructured situations where the problem needs to be defined first;
- Knowledge of financial formulas, financial reports and modelling;
- International experience;
- System design/implementation experience;
- IT coding or process design experience;
- Experience with one or more of our products (contact lenses, prescription lenses, sunglasses, accessories).
Job location: Budapest, District VI.
Working hours: full time job
Please send your application in email to E-mail cím megjelenítése and include “eOptika_2016_Gmm-r1” text in subject line. Please also including your short motivation letter, a detailed resume and details on your availability and salary expectations.
The team of eOptika