Policy Planner - Aberdeen
You have sound knowledge of planning and understanding of the forces which shape the environment. As well as being able to think strategically, evaluate issues and prioritise work you are also an effective communicator and a reliable team player with integrity, initiative, adaptability and enthusiasm.
This is an ideal opportunity for a planner to gain experience of work in policy planning. The experience will contribute both towards qualification for membership of the RTPI and to progress through the Council's professional Development scheme. You will play a full part in the team and take personal responsibility for an area of Aberdeenshire and particular topics.
The post suitable for new graduates, but existing experience and specialist knowledge would be desirable. Degree/Diploma in Town & Country Planning (or equivalent) is required for placement on Level I and above.
This position is advertised as a 'flexible' post as detailed on the Worksmart website -
Informal Enquiries to Piers Blaxter,
- Help to prepare and progress Development Plans and other related plans and strategies for Aberdeenshire.
- Assess and advise on particular policy topics and geographical areas, including development of strategies, policies and their justification
- Help to carry out monitoring, research, analysis, consultation and the presentation of results on policy issues
- Help to carry out public participation, publicity, educational liaison and other project work associated with policy development
- Contribute to advice on the policy aspects of planning applications, development proposals and other Council consents
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the team
- Contribute to the work of Aberdeenshire's Areas, liaising with Area Planning Officers, Area Managers and Area Committees, including the presentation of papers to Council Committees
- Carry out any other duties normally carried out within the Planning Policy & Environment Service which are appropriate to the post and are within the scope of the Single Status job description relevant to the post
- None essential for placement within Level I
- Proven planning experience as a Chartered Town Planner (including an understanding of at least 3 areas of planning practice) required for placement within Level K
- Degree or Diploma in Town & Country Planning (or equivalent) required for Level I
- Membership of RTPI (or equivalent) and an on-going record of continuing professional development (CPD) required for placement within Levels J-K
- Ability to travel throughout Aberdeenshire
- Ability to analyse/evaluate planning issues and prepare related reports
- Sound knowledge of the planning system - legislation, policies and issues
- Understanding of the built and natural environment
- Good written, digital, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to contribute to a team and to take responsibility for specific work areas
- High level of computer skills
- Accuracy and reliability
- Initiative and adaptability to undertake a variety of work in small teams
- Some policy planning experience preferred, particularly experience in one or more relevant specialist fields; alternatively wide experience of development control with a wish to "convert" to policy
- Appropriate continuing professional development (CPD)
- Negotiation and supervision skills preferred for higher placement within the grade. Ability to prioritise and structure work programme; organisational skills
Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />